Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Franklin signs with the Cardinals

Ryan Franklin signs with the Cardinals

Yup, everyone's favorite pitcher has gone to the Redbirds with 1 year, $1 million deal.

That faint sound you hear outside? That's Jerry Narron weeping.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Franklin signs with the Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yup, everyone's favorite pitcher has gone to the Redbirds with 1 year, $1 million deal.

That faint sound you hear outside? That's Jerry Narron weeping.
    And yet, if we had signed him at all, let alone to such a deal, there would be howling throughout the halls of Redszone. I'm not crying over this one. The Cardinals can have him - see if Dave Duncan can work some magic.

Sweet! We get to hit against him this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Hopefully the Reds will be able to shell him like the Cards did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Hopefully the Reds will be able to shell him like the Cards did last year.
    Nah ... he'll come in and pitch lights out for the Cards, win the Cy Young, and then we'll have thread after thread around here of the incompetence of the Reds for not gazing in the crystal ball to see his talent.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Nah ... he'll come in and pitch lights out for the Cards, win the Cy Young, and then we'll have thread after thread around here of the incompetence of the Reds for not gazing in the crystal ball to see his talent.
    You kid, but it wouldn't be the first time.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Stugatz!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

here comes another Josh Hancock

that Jocketty is a genius.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I wonder if any Cardinal fans think Franklin signed for less than market value just for the privilige of playing in St Louis.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    And the Reds will be pilloried for bringing him to town, while later on the Cards will be deamed "clever" and "brilliant" for doing the exact same thing.

Off the schneid

So much for all those who were screaming last season about how Wayne was acquiring all of these trash pitchers that nobody else wanted. Let's see....
    Franklin gets 1 million from the Cards
    Schoenweis about to get 10+ million from the Mets
    Even Yan and J. Johnson are getting paid to pitch in Japan
    Michalak going to camp with the Nats

Still waiting to see someone toss some money at Joe Mays though....

I wonder if the Reds will owe the Cardinals compensation?

I'm all for this move as the NL central division needs more arms like Franklin.....

Duncan may be a genius but there is no way he makes Franklin a quality starter.....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Off the schneid

I think I read somewhere that the compensation for a "Z" level free agent was a pizza party at Chuck E. Cheese's for the front office staff and a year's supply of Pabst Blue Ribbon for the team!

Turn Off Ads?