This from the Austin American Statesman:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...8/18bohls.html

Worth noting:

#1 USC

#2 U of M

#12 Ohio State

#21 Kentucky

Weigh in...
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It's never too early for a preseason College Football top 25

I hate preseason polls. I think they are evil. The first poll of the season should not be released until the BCS unveils its rankings, which I believe come out in week 6.

Since that won't be changed anytime soon we might as well start releasing polls now instead of waiting until August. Afterall, we know as much now as we will the day before they all play their first games.

This poll seems fair to me. USC will open as #1 in the polls, no question. Michigan I knew would be in the top 5. It can be argued that they don't belong at #2, but it can also be argued that they do. Ohio State's ranking seems about right to me entering the season with a new QB and after the loss of a lot of talented offensive players. Nice to see Kentucky get some pub.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm toolsy.

I'm probably the biggest KY fan on this site and I think a #21 ranking is VERY optimistic.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...ky/6907290.htm

Next year's schedule is going to be a little more difficult with Arkansas replacing Ol' Miss.

You forgot THE football program in Kentucky. Louisville at #6.
    Last edited by KYRedsFan; 01-18-2007 at 05:05 PM.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Wow Notre Dame completely dropped out of his top 25. I knew they'd drop but I didn't expect that. Of course most of the offense is leaving.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

This comment on their website is awesome:

By austindog

Jan 18, 2007 9:23 AM | Link to this

You left off Georgia? The team that pounded Auburn and VT to close the season?

I hope this article will be in the Statesman. My dog just ate a loaf of bread.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Also, UCLA at #4 ruins this guy's credibility with me.

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    You forgot THE football program in Kentucky. Louisville at #6.
    Even though I'm a UK fan, I'll try to be unbiased:

#6 is WAY to high for a team that is learning a new offense and losing M. Bush. Brohm is crazy for passing up first round money to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post

#6 is WAY to high for a team that is learning a new offense and losing M. Bush. Brohm is crazy for passing up first round money to go back.
    Congrats to UK for their successful season. You fans have every reason to be excited and hopeful for next year.

As for Louisville....

UofL didn't have Bush for the majority of last season and they came very close to going undefeated. So not much has changed there. They also have a very high level talent pool to replace players leaving for the draft. Maybe #6 is high, but they rightfully belong in the top-10.

Also, UC finished the year at #36 (sagrain, I think) while playing a top-10 schedule. There are no key losses (except for one linebacker and TE) and next year's non-conference schedule thankfully doesn't include playing at OSU and Virginia Tech. Plus, UC gets WVU and Louisville at home. There's plenty of reason to be excited in Clifton.

All this said, a poll for next season already is completely ludicrous. These things should be consumed with an apocalyptic buttload of salt.
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-18-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post

I think Louisville's offense will not be as effective yet may have same record with schedule they play.
    If Brohm had left and Petrino stayed , they probably would not have missed a beat offensively with Cantwell at quaterback.
    With Petrino leaving as you said will make a difference.Personally Louisville can go with only one loss again as long as it is to .......their neighbor

As far as UK , they finished 28th in one poll.
    With offense mostly back and maybe a more aggressive defensive co-ordinator plus 2nd year players that were freshmen this season....they may pull off another surprise or too.
    Last edited by jmac; 01-19-2007 at 01:26 AM.

That sounds about right for OSU. I have heard some talk about ranking OSU in the top 10 but that's absurd in my mind. Losing our 4 biggest playmakers along with probably the best 1-2 d line combo in the country. I think the biggest hit OSU will take next year will come on defense, not offense. I think losing the d lineman will hurt much more than any of the playmakers.

ESPN.com had a 2007 top 25 right after the title game that had OSU at #9. I was little surprised at that ranking, I was expecting something more in the 15 range.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Wow Notre Dame completely dropped out of his top 25. I knew they'd drop but I didn't expect that. Of course most of the offense is leaving.
    And they didn't have much to begin with.

I think JimBo Fisher will do wonders for FSU. Papa Bowden's dementia will cost the team a game or two, but they played a lot of young guys this season. I don't think they'll be top 5 or 10, but I can see them playing well the 2nd half of the season.

The key with VT will be their QB. They have the defense and running game to go with anyone. If they get decent QB play, they'll be tough.

I'd also like to think the Deacs will be better than #22. They bring a bunch of guys back from this season and add a couple of guys who were out most/all of the year (starting tailback, top d lineman from 2005 who broke his kneecap in the 2005 finale). Losing Jon Abbate will be tough, but all accounts are that LB is the deepest position on the roster. They gave Petrino & Louisville everything they could handle in the Orange Bowl. But the team has done well flying under the radar, so that's good by me.

Wake folks are absolutely foaming at the mouth over the early season visit that Nebraska makes to Winston-Salem in early September. I'm trying to figure out how I can sell my wife on the idea of joining the booster club so I can buy season tickets just to go to the Nebraska game. If Wake has a healthy stable of running backs (Micah Andrews and Kevin Harris, along with a highly regarded freshman who redshirted this season), I think it will bode well against a team that will be replacing their entire starting d line.
    Last edited by 15fan; 01-19-2007 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    ESPN.com had a 2007 top 25 right after the title game that had OSU at #9. I was little surprised at that ranking, I was expecting something more in the 15 range.
    ESPN wouldn't be guilty of pandering to Ohio State fans, would they???

Turn Off Ads?