Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Your Favorite Things You Can't Get Anymore

Re: Your Favorite Things You Can't Get Anymore

I'm late to the conversation, but I miss Dr. Pepper in real, light green glass bottles which are icy cold. Oh my! One of the first things I'm having when I get to heaven.

I miss my one Grandma's apple kuchen coffee cake and her honest to goodness chocolate chip cookies. The other I miss her potato soup and her goetta and the parties at her house with the 50 cousins! Pure insanity.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Everywhere in NJ, they pump it for you, and expect a tip.

If I can't pump my own, why the heck should I tip you for just doing your job?
    Maybe if they clean the windows and check the oil for you. But just sticking the nozzle in there and filling up the tank? I don't know. Do you know if they have the latches that hold the pump trigger open so that the guy doesn't have to hold it while he pumps?

By the way, why is it that the trigger latches are so common in Ohio, but not in other states? Are they somehow against the law?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Maybe if they clean the windows and check the oil for you. But just sticking the nozzle in there and filling up the tank? I don't know. Do you know if they have the latches that hold the pump trigger open so that the guy doesn't have to hold it while he pumps?

By the way, why is it that the trigger latches are so common in Ohio, but not in other states? Are they somehow against the law?

Only on the AC expressway have I ever had any type of window washing while being fueled, so I tipped the gal.

I pumped my own gas in Palmyra, NJ only b/c it was swamped at that service station at the time, and the pump did have a trigger latch. I can't speak for the rest of NJ service stations as that's the only one I've operated.

As for trigger latches, down here in FL it seems to be a chain by chain basis. The bigger names have them, the smaller name stations do not.

----------------------

I miss Aladdin's Castle in both the Tri County and Eastgate malls.

I also miss Malibu Grand Prix, in Sharonville and also Columbus.

Turn Off Ads?