Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Things You Can't Get Anymore

Re: Your Favorite Things You Can't Get Anymore

Quisp!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mom and Pop diners
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Quisp!
    You can get Quisp.

But Not Quake or King Vitamin

how about aluminum christmas trees...my grandma had one back in the day...my aunt still has it buried in her garage...i think they were selling for a pretty penny on ebay a year or two ago...i can still see the spinning red, blue, yellow and green light that she aimed at the tree to give it the different effects

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Do you remember BBF?
    Bordens. Started up here in Columbus (I think), along with Wendys.

Huntington still has a Frostop drive in.
    Does it serve Frostop RB? The original Frostop stand wwas built up here in Springfield. It's been numerous other restaurants over the years, but I think it has finally been closed down. The root beer itself is still made/bottled over in Columbus. I buy several bottles of it once in awhile. IMO, the best RB ever. My kids hate it - say it's too sweet. They're hooked on crap like A&W and Mug (carbonated water).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Salad Strollers at Roy Rogers.
    Roy Rogers in Mt Carmel is still there (I think it's the only one left anywhere), but alas, the strollers are no more. They had em up until a year or two ago.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Hamburgers, seven for a dollar, and they actually tasted good, no need to pretend they were
    Did you ever have any Crabills (Urbana)? The Dad startd the restaurant stand back in the 30's. It closed down in the late 70's and the building was torn down. You got 11 for a buck. They were a really small burger. He had a secret recipe (which many rumored he used in the grease). He'd have the hamburgers made up into little balls rady to go. And as people stood in line he'd point to you and you'd tell him how many. He'd then plop the balls intro the grease and flatten them out with the spatula. And you couldn't get ketchup. Brown mustard and relish only.

It closed down in the late 70's and the building torn down. The kids kept it going with a travelling stand that frequented fairs/flea markets. They finally built a new store out on Miami Street in the late 80's and it's still flourishing. It's built in the retro theme with the bar/stools and those 7 oz Cokes.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Acropolis double deckers. Man, those things were six inches high.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Did you ever have any Crabills (Urbana)? The Dad startd the restaurant stand back in the 30's. It closed down in the late 70's and the building was torn down. You got 11 for a buck. They were a really small burger. He had a secret recipe (which many rumored he used in the grease). He'd have the hamburgers made up into little balls rady to go. And as people stood in line he'd point to you and you'd tell him how many. He'd then plop the balls intro the grease and flatten them out with the spatula. And you couldn't get ketchup. Brown mustard and relish only.

It closed down in the late 70's and the building torn down. The kids kept it going with a travelling stand that frequented fairs/flea markets. They finally built a new store out on Miami Street in the late 80's and it's still flourishing. It's built in the retro theme with the bar/stools and those 7 oz Cokes.
    Don't recall for sure, we went up to Urbana a lot when a kid, use to be a big treat to eat up there at various places. Though I do recall 7 regular hamburgers in a bag for a $1, late 50's - 60's.
    5 cent bottle pop at Butlers Station in Harmony is another long gone.

Bordens. Started up here in Columbus (I think), along with Wendys.

Does it serve Frostop RB? The original Frostop stand wwas built up here in Springfield. It's been numerous other restaurants over the years, but I think it has finally been closed down. The root beer itself is still made/bottled over in Columbus. I buy several bottles of it once in awhile. IMO, the best RB ever. My kids hate it - say it's too sweet. They're hooked on crap like A&W and Mug (carbonated water).
    I assume the Huntington Frostop serves Frostop root beer; I never asked. I haven't stopped at the drive-in in several years. I do recall liking the root beer, but it has been ages since I drank a non-diet soda of any kind.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Don't recall for sure, we went up to Urbana a lot when a kid, use to be a big treat to eat up there at various places.
    You probably ate at Ewings there in the square. On Sundays they use to be lined up around the corner to get into that place.

5 cent bottle pop at Butlers Station in Harmony is another long gone.
    Between Jim's and my Grandma's Curly Top ice cream store right across the street, it's a wonder any of us kids had teeth from all the sweets. I use to work in the ice cream store in the summer. Never got paid much, but I took it out in food ate.

Growing up, do you remember the TV shows Uncle Orrie and Ferdie Fussbudget out of Dayton?
    Last edited by GAC; 01-16-2007 at 08:03 AM.

Bob Shreve and the PPP.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Bob Shreve. Haven't seen that face in awhile.

I can't shop at King Kwik anymore. That was my baseball card source for a lot of years.

Milk delivered to your house.

Gas pumped for you. Even checked the oil.

Driver's ed. taught at school.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

and Mr Softee?

Mr. Softee looks a bit maniacal, like he's ready to leap off of the truck and take a bite out of the next kid that tries to order him.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?