Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds/Marlins trade idea

Reds/Marlins trade idea

Wayne should get on the horn pronto. The Marlins are young pitching rich and Cincy could deal a Denorfia or Freel. I would love to see Deno starting in CF this season but if he could get a legit arm from Florida, I'd help pack his bags. And last season Tampa declined a Scott Olsen for Gathright offer from Florida, so they aren't adverse to dealing for a need. And, at this stage, Deno has more potential than Gathright.

And yes, I realize that there are many that wil say "They want Upton and he is a huge prospect." That is true. But Florida offered someone who has ML experience. I am saying offer Deno or Freel for a younger guy...preferable Freel.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6365160

MARLINS OFF-CENTER
    The Marlins continue to explore trades for young center fielders, focusing on the Red Sox's David Murphy, Indians' Franklin Gutierrez and Devil Rays' B.J. Upton and Elijah Dukes.

Murphy is an interesting target; one scout calls him a "sleeper," believing that he eventually will hit for power. The Rays rejected an Upton-for-Ricky Nolasco deal earlier this off-season. Talks between the teams currently are dormant.

For what it's worth, veteran center fielder Alex Sanchez — whom the Marlins signed to a minor-league contract in December — batted .350 through 35 games in the Venezuelan Winter League.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds/Marlins trade idea

You are under the impression that right now the Marlins are operating like a Major League ball club.

Denorifa for Pinto and Mitre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    The Marlins continue to explore trades for young center fielders, focusing on the Red Sox's David Murphy, Indians' Franklin Gutierrez and Devil Rays' B.J. Upton and Elijah Dukes.
    It says young. Freel isn't young and Deno turns 27 in July. Is that too old?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I dont think the Marlins will make any moves untill they find out what Cabrera and Willis are going to cost.

Freel and Ramirez to the Marlins for LHP Scott Olsen.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    It says young. Freel isn't young and Deno turns 27 in July. Is that too old?
    He's a young 27 in regards to baseball. He is 6 years from FA and will be cheap for a long time. That basically fits the Marlins' needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post

I think it would take more than that.. not sure Freel fits their youth movement, and not sure if they want/need a guy like the Lizard. I would think when moving a guy with Olsen's upside, they would want something more significant. Give em 'Deno, Stubbs, and Travis Wood for Olsen and parts? That might be too good to pass up... Cueto perhaps. I would trade any pitching prospect not named Homer Bailey for this kid. He's gonna be great.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I like that trade Krusty.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    I like that trade Krusty.
    So do I, but do you really think that lands a guy of Olsen's calibur?

I don't.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    So do I, but do you really think that lands a guy of Olsen's calibur?

I don't.
    I don't either. I think Deno and Wood plus one of the relievers like Medlock, Salmon or Shafer would be needed. Fla still might not do it.

I don't want to see the Reds trade Deno, but if they are going to play Griffey in CF anyway.... and they still have Freel for another year I guess.

Fla may want to keep Olsen, Sanchez and Johnson as their top 3 and trade off Willis for a ton of prospects (say Pelfrey, Heilman and Milledge maybe) and to save cash.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I think Denorfia for Petit would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I think Denorfia for Petit would be fair.
    I'd trade Deno for Petite or Freel +Cueto/Wood + Salmon/Reliever for Sanchez. Those would be two awesome trades.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Maybe if Deno could get a few more at bats he would have more value! That's another thread.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Elizardo Ramirez is absolute trash, and Freel's approaching the wrong side of 30.

Would love to have Olsen, but I have a feeling Cueto and Freel would get us closer.

Turn Off Ads?