Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ex-Red back in majors (maybe)

Ex-Red back in majors (maybe)

Per Rotoworld:

Red Sox signed outfielder Alex Ochoa to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
    Ochoa, 34, will give the majors another try after hitting .283/.350/.445 in four seasons in Japan. Interestingly, he was the player the Chunichi Dragons signed in 2003 after the Kevin Millar fiasco with the Red Sox. Ochoa is a .279/.344/.422 hitter in 2,107 at-bats as a major leaguer, but since he's clearly on the decline now, he's a fifth outfielder at best. The Red Sox shouldn't have need of him.

I once saw this guy hit the first of back-to-back homers in the bottom of the eighth (I believe Chris Stynes was the other) to tie and go ahead of the Astros at Riverfront/Cinergy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ex-Red back in majors (maybe)

Great, great guy. It's good to see him back.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I could never figure out why he didn't make it (except in Japan). Thought he did a decent job at the time.

Trivia: Barry Larkin was best man at his wedding, which is why they both missed RedsFest that year (but I can't remember the year).
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 01-14-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I could never figure out why he didn't make it (except in Japan). Thought he did a decent job at the time.

Trivia: Barry Larkin was best man at his wedding, which is why they both missed RedsFest that year (but I can't remember the year).
    Winter of 2000 I believe.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?