Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tar Heeeeeels!!!!!!!!!!!

FREEL #6

Re: Tar Heeeeeels!!!!!!!!!!!

Oden Better Stay3 More Years His Hustling Skills,and,rebounding.i Dont Care If He Has Three Good Hands His Basketball Skills Overall Needs Alot Of Work.im Sorry To Say It But We Are Not Going Very Far In The Tournament.we Will Be Lucky To Make It As Far As We Did Last Year.i Bleed Scarlet And Grey But They Are Not A #1 Seed. Ihate To Say It But Floridia Is The Team To Beat Again.good Luck Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by FREEL #6 View Post
    Oden Better Stay3 More Years His Hustling Skills,and,rebounding.i Dont Care If He Has Three Good Hands His Basketball Skills Overall Needs Alot Of Work.im Sorry To Say It But We Are Not Going Very Far In The Tournament.we Will Be Lucky To Make It As Far As We Did Last Year.i Bleed Scarlet And Grey But They Are Not A #1 Seed. Ihate To Say It But Floridia Is The Team To Beat Again.good Luck Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please. Oden hustles. He plays very hard on defense and rebounds very hard. He's a very fundamentally sound shot blocker. He needs to become more aggressive on offense, demand the ball and hone his post moves. It's not really in his personality to "demand" the ball but he needs to learn that him having the ball is not being selfish, the more he touches the ball the more it helps the team. He may not be completely comfortable yet because of his hand so I'll give him some time, although he didn't do it last year either.

Quote Originally Posted by FREEL #6 View Post
    He hustles. I don't have an issue with his hustle. At times I've questioned his agressiveness. As for the rebounding...did you watch the UT game? He was a beast on the boards.

Also, the Bucks will be fine come tourney time. They're only going to keep getting better. Florida may, indeed, be the team to beat but the Bucks will be fine. They're learning to play with Oden. He wasn't there in the preseason and for much of the non-conference schedule. Don't forget, this is a team that hung in there at UNC w/o Oden and it's the same team that barely lost to the nation's #3 team on the road by two points.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I agree that the Buckeyes should not be a 1 seed given the quality of some of the other teams out there (UNC and Florida being the obvious ones). The problem is really how ridiculously high people were rating them and all the hype they got. In this day and age, you can expect the hype based on the rankings of the recuits, but to actually see that hype "materialize" in the rankings was silly IMO.

This team has the talent on paper to be one of the best teams. But the meshing and acclimation of the young players (so many young players) just takes time. And there are always the variables as to how each kid is really going to adapt to the college game, college lifestyle, etc. They may or may not play like a super-elite team consistently by the end of this year (they have had moments like that 1st half of the UNC game).

Regardless they are a fun team to watch most of the time. I am heading down for the NW game tomorrow night to watch the new guys in person for the 1st time.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post

If OSU can figure out a way to keep Butler and Lewis active and in the game while feeding Oden a ton, OSU will have a strong chance to make a big run come March.

I think that is a big key. Both need to stay aggressive and take the ball to the hole, not being content to eb solely perimeter players. Driving to the hoop especially is where Lewis can shine as a difference maker. Although both can get quite hot from the perimeter (and Butler shot it well all last year also), neither has that consistent nice release from deep. They need to be aggressive in looking at other shots to be at their maximum contribution level, and we need the veterans to be at the maximum contribution level this year. Lewis has done that in his best moments this year as evidenced by his 64 FT attempts. Butler has only been to the line 9 times and lately seems to get out of control when he does take it in there.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?