Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Computer savants...

Computer savants...

I figured I'd post something on here because most threads get a pretty good response when it comes to computers.

I am going to be buying a laptop soon and I have never owned one and really only know the basics about them. I'll just go ahead and explain what I'm going to be using it for and maybe people can point me in the right direction as far as $$ and hardware.

This laptop will mainly be used for internet and some gaming. I work 3rd shift and have a ton of down time while there. I figure I might as well have something else to go along with magazines, books, and TV. I will want a DVD player/burner, ability to have wireless broadband (hopefully at work) and internet at the house. The games that I would be playing are more RPGs and sim games, not the fast action shooter types that need major hardware.

I know that laptops have tumbled in price lately. I would say that my budget is somewhere in the $650-$1000 range. Obviously I'd like to get the best deal for what I am needing. Like I said, I don't need this laptop to be the new best thing.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Computer savants...

It doesn't sound like you'd need anything special. I would think that any mid-tier laptop would do. Something like this, for example.
    Makes all the routine posts.

my advice

ubid.com

you can get a refurbished, mid grade lap top that will more than do the job you're looking for, for about 1/2 the price of what you're budgeting for..

i got a nice desktop with a 90 day warranty for 350, its not top of the line, but its no slug either.. everyything but a monitor. got my laptop on there for about 300.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I like www.ibuypower.com It might be a little more than what you're looking for, but you can completely customize what you want down to a T.

I'm a newegg.com type of guy.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?