Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What player should be arrested?

What player should be arrested?

For the contract that theyre not worth and are ruining their teams future?
    Bonds has to be number 1. Milton is in my top ten with Jr, but what Roger Clemens is doing to Houston is just insane 18 mil for half a year's work. The Soriano deal is gutting the Cubs future.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: What player should be arrested?

The Cubs have/had a future?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Darren Dreifort - He committed grand larceny of the highest order. Probably worse than any other player in the last 20 years.

I think the Dodgers paid roughly $1 million for every 4 innings he pitched.
    Last edited by jmcclain19; 01-14-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I spel gud

Carlos Lee and his 6 year, 100 million dollar deal. Oh, and I'm not a soccer fan, but David Beckham and his 5 year, 250 million dollar deal

If Derek Jeter played for any other team then the New York Moneybags, he would be the run away winner... I'd say Adrian Beltre or Soriano

I vote for any player making more than $1M a year.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Worst contract in history to this point has to be Gil Meche.

I would arrrest the guy that signs those checks.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    I would arrrest the guy that signs those checks.
    Agreed. Don't blame the players, blame the owners (and agents) for this madness.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Agreed. Don't blame the players, blame the owners (and agents) for this madness.
    The owners are solely to blame. Not the agents, not the players.

No agent can make an owner pay a dime more than he wants to.

And frankly, the owners would not pay it if the money were not there.

The amount of $ available to pay out is just mind-boggling, and few of us can accept it, or even understand it.

The only way the salaries are coming down is if folks stop going to the games, stop watching on TV, stop buying jerseys, hats and related stuff, and if the networks stop buying rights to the games. In other words, if the market dries up.

And why would any of them (or us) want to do that? To make a point?

The cost of everything always increases (or, you could say the real worth of a dollar is always decreasing); it's the natural course of the federal reserve system of paper money.

If you don't like it, or or the salaries involved, don't watch it, don't go to it, don't purchase it's products.

LOL- I do exactly that for the NBA, which I have no interest in, and it hasn't made one bit of difference; the NBA continues to flourish without my help. There is a market for nearly everything in this world today.

If an aging, has been, once almost great soccer player can make $50 million a year by moving into a new market, then good for him, and bad on whoever made the decision (Alexi Lallas- but it will cost the LA team only $50 million). BTW, Beckham was benched this weekend by Real Madrid, and will not be playing for them again.

It really does no good to complain about the salaries; we're just spinning wheels by doing so. The Reds are in this market, they need to figure out how to compete in it, not how to hide from it!

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

sorry, but when I saw the title for this thread....I thought it was about the Bengals....

I'd have to second the Gil Meche signing, especially given the Royals financial issues. Also, that Gary Matthews contract looks especially atrocious.

The Gil Meche contract astounds me, but, like others, I don't blame Gil Meche for signing it.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Why not go with Owners, and Mr. Scott Boras who singlehandly got Zito a nice pay check...by playing with the Giants mind.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?