Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MySpace

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

MySpace

I recently discovered the wonders of MySpace. Does anyone here log on regularly? Good experiences, bad? I found three people I haven't spoken to in YEARS. Pretty cool.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MySpace

Yeah I get on regularly. It's a good and fun way to keep in touch with friends. Even though I don't do it too much, it's also a good way to get in touch with new people and make new friends.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

My new girlfriend made me delete it today...rofl. I'm such the playa.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    WHIPPED!! (I probably would have done it too)
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I use Facebook more. It helps to keep in touch with from people from school, because it's sorted by Highschool, College, etc. but I have a myspace too

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I use facebook and myspace....both are quite good.

got alil captain in u?

i log into to myspace regularly all good experinces pretty ingenious website whoever came up with it

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I've had no problems on it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Haha -- she afraid some of those MySpace "hotties" (emphasis on the quote-unquote) are going to come after you?

I use MySpace and Facebook, but only really as a means of keeping up with friends from school -- since I went to high school, college, and law school in three different regions of the country. I don't get into it much beyond that.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I use facebook and myspace....both are quite good.
    Same here, it's a great way to stay in contact with friends.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I log into myspace everyday, facebook about every other day

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I recently discovered the wonders of MySpace.
    MySpace ?
    Believe it or not, I just recently discovered this site's non-baseball forum !

I'll work on MySpace next.

Four of my top 6 friends live in different states. Myspace is a great way for me to keep in touch with friends that live all over.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I joined myspace earlier this year because I have a friend who distributes his band's music on it.

My law school discourages people from using it or facebook at all, as apparently some employers are using it to determine whether the applicants are serious people. That sounds a tad paranoid, but it does make me careful about what I allow other people to post on my page (i.e. comments).
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I joined myspace earlier this year because I have a friend who distributes his band's music on it.

My law school discourages people from using it or facebook at all, as apparently some employers are using it to determine whether the applicants are serious people. That sounds a tad paranoid, but it does make me careful about what I allow other people to post on my page (i.e. comments).
    You can also set it up so that strangers can't look at your profile.

I found this out the hard way, after my little cousins (who don't even have accounts) confronted me about my cursing and drinking

Friendster was all the rage back in the day, that was the first site to really explore that concept and it was mind-blowing at the time...it also had a great feature that myspace doesn't, you could see HOW you were connected to people, so you would do things like look up your best friend from kindergarten and find out that she knows someone who knows your old boss in England. It really drove home the six degrees concept. I can't get into myspace really...I'm getting old I think.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 01-16-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?