Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MySpace

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    My law school discourages people from using it or facebook at all, as apparently some employers are using it to determine whether the applicants are serious people. That sounds a tad paranoid, but it does make me careful about what I allow other people to post on my page (i.e. comments).
    They mentioned that to us when I was a 3L last year.

Although with the market being the way it is nobody can turn anything down, I don't think I'd ever want to work for an employer that was so controlling that they made hiring decisions based on such minute and idiotic criteria.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    They mentioned that to us when I was a 3L last year.

Although with the market being the way it is nobody can turn anything down, I don't think I'd ever want to work for an employer that was so controlling that they made hiring decisions based on such minute and idiotic criteria.
    I agree. Those actions would be a precursor of things to come.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I'm toolsy.

I use myspace for the obvious reasons (meetin' the ladies). So far it's treated me pretty well!!!

If anyone is interested (wink, wink) you can search for myspace users by e-mail address. Mine is warrior_sanders@yahoo.com

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I recently discovered the wonders of MySpace. Does anyone here log on regularly? Good experiences, bad? I found three people I haven't spoken to in YEARS. Pretty cool.
    Not personally but a friend of mine is going through a divorce right now due largely to his wife talking to people she "hasn't spoken to in years", which then led to seing people she "hasn't seen in years", which led to sleeping with people she "hasn't slept with in years".

Use both myspace and facebook almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD RIGHTHANDER View Post
    Not personally but a friend of mine is going through a divorce right now due largely to his wife talking to people she "hasn't spoken to in years", which then led to seing people she "hasn't seen in years", which led to sleeping with people she "hasn't slept with in years".
    Ohhh man!! That's weird. I'm getting messages from people "I haven't spoken to in years" and they want to see me since they haven't "seen me in years"... How bizarre. Good thing they are all far, far away.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I use it predominately for music and to keep up with the lesser known bands I follow, and a few other friends that live around the country/world.

It's great for that purpose, and I post some of my music on there for kicks.

Just don't use your full name in the profile options and no one can find you unless you send them a request...or of course set it to private.

Just as in real life, it has more than it's share of weirdos and freaks.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Ohhh man!! That's weird. I'm getting messages from people "I haven't spoken to in years" and they want to see me since they haven't "seen me in years"... How bizarre. Good thing they are all far, far away.
    It's too tempting to look up old girlfriends, im keepin my nose clean

Quote Originally Posted by OLD RIGHTHANDER View Post
    It's too tempting to look up old girlfriends, im keepin my nose clean
    I'm with you on that. Ex's for a reason. (or two)
    Cedric 3/24/08

I have both a myspace and facebook account. I don't really use them much as I'm not much of a socialite, but it's nice to "be out there" in case somebody is looking for you.

Unfortunately, myspace has pretty much jumped the shark as the advertising accounts have pretty much taken over.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Senor Votto

I almost got suspended from school because of myspace I'll never go there again.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I almost got suspended from school because of myspace I'll never go there again.
    I want to laugh but I'm afraid to ask the who, what, when, where, why....
    Cedric 3/24/08

Senor Votto

I want to laugh but I'm afraid to ask the who, what, when, where, why....
    Me and my friend made a fake myspace for a teacher at the school. The myspace had almost 200 friends all from my school. Almost everybody believed it was actually the teacher then some one found out it was us and we were in the principal's office a few days after that.

I just set up a facebook account.
    This makes me feel old and without enough spare time.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?