Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MySpace

Re: MySpace

Nice page Matt, I would love to be in your shoes in the summertime!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    So George Grande has worked for ESPN, the Yankees, and the Cardinals. Excuse me while I go and update my list of potential antichrists.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

It's been over two years since this thread was initiated. Am I the only person who does not have a MySpace or Facebook account yet? I keep hearing more and more people at work talking about it. Now, even Howard Stern is talking about it. I feel so unyoung

I don't have one. And this out today: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/04/te...04myspace.html

I'll keep my kids away.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I don't have one. And this out today: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/04/te...04myspace.html

I'll keep my kids away.
    Properly moderated, MySpace can be fairly harmless. Make sure all kids profiles are set to private. Make sure you are a "friend" of theirs with your own MySpace account. Here is the kicker. make them use firefox and make it so it stores the password. They have no right to privacy when it comes to the internet in your house. We check our kids sites about once a week, more if the kid is in an unexplained rotten mood. We also go over their friend list. If they have friends we don't know, they get kicked.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Finally leaped into the 21st century and got a Facebook page, back in October, I think. I love it for reconnecting with old friends and keeping up with current ones. Never did the MySpace thing though.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    It's been over two years since this thread was initiated. Am I the only person who does not have a MySpace or Facebook account yet? I keep hearing more and more people at work talking about it. Now, even Howard Stern is talking about it. I feel so unyoung
    No one in our house has one.

(Though it wouldn't surprise me if I went home tonight & found my 5 year old had figured out how to create & use one...)

To be honest, there aren't that many people that my wife or I want to keep in touch with. If we do, we keep in touch the old-fashioned way: Email. Neither of us have jobs that place a premium on cyber-networking. One of our goals as a married couple is to never ever ever attend even a single high school reunion.

I'll also admit that we've both checked out facebook during searches for employees. If you're going to plaster a picture of yourself falling over drunk on your facebook page, we're probably a little less interested in interviewing you.

I have a facebook account. Everytime I have looked a Myspace it's a clutter of obscenities, Shakira videos and singles pages.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I have a Facebook page and I love it. I have reconnected with friends I have not talked to in 15+ years, its really cool.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I avoid myspace. Too many people have pages inspired by "Killer Japanese Seizure Robots." So although I have a page, my only friend, other than my wife, is Tom. I do have a page on facebook to connect with people and network.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

So you can search for people without actually signing up? I guess I thought you had to open an account first. I'm so not internet savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    No one in our house has one.

(Though it wouldn't surprise me if I went home tonight & found my 5 year old had figured out how to create & use one...)

To be honest, there aren't that many people that my wife or I want to keep in touch with. If we do, we keep in touch the old-fashioned way: Email. Neither of us have jobs that place a premium on cyber-networking. One of our goals as a married couple is to never ever ever attend even a single high school reunion.

I'll also admit that we've both checked out facebook during searches for employees. If you're going to plaster a picture of yourself falling over drunk on your facebook page, we're probably a little less interested in interviewing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    So you can search for people without actually signing up? I guess I thought you had to open an account first. I'm so not internet savvy.
    Yes, you can. You can't see their profile, but it does give you their default picture, and some details. That is unless the person doesn't have a private profile. Then everyone can look at their stuff.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I have a myspace page, but rarely use it. Once I got to college it was all about Facebook, and i'm hooked.
    Let's make some noise!

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I have MySpace, and I still check it, but I have recently started checking Facebook more often. Nowhere near the spam and clutter that MySpace has become.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?