Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much does WK make?

Re: How much does WK make?

Boy I thought they made more also. I thought that Bowden made $500,000 his last year with the Reds....
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Boy I thought they made more also. I thought that Bowden made $500,000 his last year with the Reds....
    He had some of that old "boy wonder" hype in his favor and a playoff appearance to his credit.

This is thread is correct, though. Most GMs are in the 300k neighborhood, with a few in the $2MM-ish range.

It's a safe bet that Wayne and DanO make/made about a quarter mill a year plus or minus 50k. The fact that neither side has revealed the figure tends to make me think the Red are paying on the low end of that particular spectrum.
    Makes all the routine posts.

think about it. There are CEO out there that just make around $150,000 year and there are CEO that make tens of millions per year. If you could get more then you would take more. I bet that John Allen make around 300-500k.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Quote Originally Posted by Marge'sMullet View Post
    think about it. There are CEO out there that just make around $150,000 year and there are CEO that make tens of millions per year. If you could get more then you would take more. I bet that John Allen make around 300-500k.
    Any particular reason you think that Allen makes that amount? Just curious.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    My guess, and it's purely a guess, is an escalating salary from 175k to 300K.
    Kind of depressing, really.
    Can you imagine making that salary, and consistently negotiating contracts more than 10 times that amount for utility infielders and relievers?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Kind of depressing, really.
    Can you imagine making that salary, and consistently negotiating contracts more than 10 times that amount for utility infielders and relievers?
    I bet that could get sort of disheartening. Then again, you win, you go to NY or Boston you can make some real $$$.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?