Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
The Montgomery Inn. And Skyline

The Precinct, too, might fall under that category.

I do believe that La Normandie has closed but I'm not positive. If I recall correctly, there was a very specific reason the Comisars refused to keep the Maisonette going -- ie. people I've heard reference this put the blame squarely on them, not the city -- but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

The Precinct is another Jeff Ruby place.

I thought they were going to build a new Maisonette in Montgomery. I saw plans and everything and then all of a sudden, they said they were closing and not moving to Montgomery at all. So who knows?

I don't know if streetcars are going to revitalize downtown Cincinnati. I don't know if the Banks will do it either and it may be more of a drawback to downtown since it's on the river and that takes people away from downtown. I'm not sure how the new Fountain Square is going to be something that is going to make people want to come downtown. Yeah, it was busy during X-Mas but how has it been doing since then? I think people have to have a reason to go downtown for more than just the Bengals or the Reds or a nice restaurant. All those things are great but you can't rely on them. The Reds are only here 81 times a year and about 10 of them are on Sunday afternoons. Most every Bengals game is on Sunday afternoon. It has to be more than that.