Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Mexico Busted!

Re: Ron Mexico Busted!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Here's my question: With a 130 million dollar contract, why the hell is Mike Vick flying commercial? He should at least have a time share on a private jet or something.

Even more, why is he flying AIRTRAN???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Back when I was in college, I always knew where I could find the best dark particulate.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Even more, why is he flying AIRTRAN???
    This is an educated guess. Whomever he made the "appearance" for.... booked his travel arrangements. You know he's not picking up the phone and making reservations himself.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Wow! My wife and kids drink Aquafina!!

[tearing through a six pack looking for that secret compartment]
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Just kills me. All he had to do was just oblige. "Oh this...Just water...No problem, I'll just throw it away"... Like he can't afford to have one of his cronies go out and buy more "stuff" for him. No one ever said these guys were SMART.

That's just poor judgement on the part of Vick. If you want to succeed as an NFL QB, you have to show good judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

This explains why he can't pass very well. When he drops back in the pocket all the people and colors are running together.

he will probably be playing for some other team next season. I think that Blank has probably had enough of Mr. Vick.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's just poor judgement on the part of Vick. If you want to succeed as an NFL QB, you have to show good judgement.
    You could say that about a majority of jobs. Would you want to fly on a plane where the pilot doesn't show good judgment?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Vick needs to go join Al Davis and his band of misfits in Oakland. Vick and Randy Moss could have a lot of fun, both on and off the field.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Vick needs to go join Al Davis and his band of misfits in Oakland. Vick and Randy Moss could have a lot of fun, both on and off the field.
    Who would you rather have drive? Moss or Vick?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

That's a tossup. I think I'd take Moss, since he's used to driving on those nasty West Virginia roads.:all_cohol

Vick has an endorsement deal with Airtran, which has it's main hub here in Atlanta. So does Warrick Dunn, Ilya Kovalchuck and I think Kari Lehtonen. They're on billboards all over town.

There was a blurb in the paper recently about the way AirTran was signing individual athletes in markets they serve to endorsement deals. Most pro teams have deals with airlines. Rather than outbid the mega airlines, AirTran has been picking & choosing individual athletes to pimp their flights.

And I certainly wouldn't knock AirTran as an airline. They've been steadily expanding and taking it to the big airlines. If you live in Atlanta, Airtran is an outstanding alternative to the monster that is Delta. Here's a url to their route map. Click on Atlanta & you'll see they do a heck of a job serving this market. Now that they've partnered with Frontier Airlines, they have a lot more offerings out west.

http://www.airtran.com/route-map/city_information.aspx

http://www.airtran.com/f9program.aspx

Also, keep in mind that the Atlanta market isn't served by Southwest. Back in the day, the politicians and business folks here made it clear as day that they didn't want Southwest competing in the Atlanta market with hometown Delta. So if I want to catch a flight on Southwest, I have to drive to Birmingham which is 2 hours away. Without Southwest around in Atlanta, the competition from little old Airtran has helped bring Delta to it's knees.

Edit: As a consumer, I love the idea of competition in the market place and the innovation it brings. However, Delta's woes, which are largely self-inflicted IMO, have a huge potential to put a hurt on the metro economy. If the US Airways bid goes through, the potential exists for a lot of jobs to go away. Of course, it would also open up a ton of gate capacity at the airport, allowing for folks like Airtran, JetBlue, or Southwest to expand.
    Last edited by 15fan; 01-19-2007 at 09:35 AM.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Who doesn't have one of those that they take onto a plane?
    The amazing thing is had he emptied out the water, he could have kept it. They had me pour out my water when I flew like 2 weeks ago, but I was allowed to put the bottle into my carry on.

Great thinking, Vick.

Could it be that Marcus is the smart Vick brother?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I don't think the word applies to either.

Turn Off Ads?