Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Man's malfunctioning cell phone ignites him on fire

Man's malfunctioning cell phone ignites him on fire

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/15/cel....ap/index.html

VALLEJO, California (AP) -- A cell phone apparently ignited in a man's pocket and started a fire that burned his hotel room and caused severe burns over half his body, fire department officials said.

Luis Picaso, 59, was in stable condition Monday with second- and third-degree burns to his upper body, back, right arm and right leg, Vallejo Fire Department assistant chief Kurt Henke said.

Firefighters arrived at the residential hotel Saturday night to find Picaso lying on the bathroom floor after a malfunctioning cell phone in his pants pocket set fire to his nylon and polyester clothes, Henke said.

The flames spread to a plastic chair, setting off a sprinkler that held the fire in check, he said.

Authorities declined to name the phone's manufacturer and model.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Man's malfunctioning cell phone ignites him on fire

Maybe he wouldn't have gotten burned so badly if he'd used a different phone to call 911.

Makes all the routine posts.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Maybe it was the "polyester" clothes!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

For a Level Playing Field

On the bright side... must have had the cell phone in his rear pocket. Had it been in the front pocket he made have heard Jerry Lee Lewis singing "Great Balls of Fire" as he dropped and rolled.

After reading in the "what am I listening to" thread and reading how highly most speak of Fountains of Wayne I have started listening to them more. Their song Mexican Wine starts "He was killed in a cellular phone explosion" and I immediately thought of this guy.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?