Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV trivia

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

TV trivia

Anyone have some fun TV trivia or little known facts. I'll start with a little Cheers trivia from what I believe to be the greatest episode not only from Cheers but all of TV.

When Cliff went on Jeopardy what is the answer to the Final Jeopardy answer "What were the real names of Cary Grant, Tony Curtis and Joan Crawford" and the answer is not "Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?").

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: TV trivia

Here's a fairly easy one...George Clooney has been on two shows called "ER" -- the one that made him uber-famous, and a little-known, little-watched 1984 sitcom "E/R" starring Elliott Gould.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086704/
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Here's a fairly easy one...George Clooney has been on two shows called "ER" -- the one that made him uber-famous, and a little-known, little-watched 1984 sitcom "E/R" starring Elliott Gould.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086704/

I remember that ER sitcom.

You want trivia?

Dan Haggerty, who played TV's Grizzly Adams, custom built the motorcycles used in the movie 'Easy Rider.'

Now that's trivia.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

a tidbit I was reminded of last night-Harry Shearer of Spinal Tap and Simpsons fame starred as Eddie Haskell in the pilot episode of Leave it to Beaver
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

The original choice to play Mike Brady in the Brady Bunch was a little known actor named Gene Hackman.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    a tidbit I was reminded of last night-Harry Shearer of Spinal Tap and Simpsons fame starred as Eddie Haskell in the pilot episode of Leave it to Beaver
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Haskell

Harry Shearer, who does the voice of Mr. Burns, Smithers, Ned Flanders on The Simpsons played the character "Frankie" (a precursor to the Eddie Haskell character) in the pilot episode of Leave It To Beaver.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Doesn't mean it's right but this is where I confirmed my info. before posting

http://www.harryshearer.com/index_2.html

When the last days of network radio made way for the early days of live TV, the young thespian appeared often on The Jack Benny Show as well as appearances on GE Theatre , Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and played the role of Eddie Haskell in the pilot episode of Leave It To Beaver.
    Last edited by IowaRed; 01-19-2007 at 05:23 PM.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    The original choice to play Mike Brady in the Brady Bunch was a little known actor named Gene Hackman.

I've heard of him....

IIRC, George Clooney was on the 80s sitcom "The Facts of Life" and wasn't Leondard DiCaprio on a sitcom too? I think it was "Growing Pains."

Gene Hackman is gay?!

Makes all the routine posts.

I thought that Gene Hackman was the original choice to play Marcia Brady, not Mike.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    IIRC, George Clooney was on the 80s sitcom "The Facts of Life" and wasn't Leondard DiCaprio on a sitcom too? I think it was "Growing Pains."
    It was. Leo was the street kid that the Seavers took in for a awhile.

Then again, Meg Ryan guest starred on "Charles in Charge" so sitcoms weren't THAT damaging to careers.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Jerry Van Dyke turned down the role of Gilligan to star in the sitcom "My Mother The Car". Gilligan's Island has been running in syndication ever since it left the mainstream airwaves. It has never been off the air once.

Who were the first LIVE-ACTION (i.e., not counting Fred & Wilma Flintstone, who were the true first) TV couple to share a bed?

The first toilet ever to be seen on television was on what show?

Who was the only regular cast member of the TV show "M*A*S*H" to actually serve in the Army in Korea?

What cigarette brand once sponsored the primetime TV cartoon series The Flintstones?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Who were the first LIVE-ACTION (i.e., not counting Fred & Wilma Flintstone, who were the true first) TV couple to share a bed?
    This has to be either Ozzie and Harriet Nelson or Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz...the only way networks would allow a couple to be seen in bed together back in those days was if they were married in real life. I'm going to guess the Nelsons.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?