Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV trivia

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Re: TV trivia

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

What cigarette brand once sponsored the primetime TV cartoon series The Flintstones?
    That would be 'Winston'.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    This has to be either Ozzie and Harriet Nelson or Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz...the only way networks would allow a couple to be seen in bed together back in those days was if they were married in real life. I'm going to guess the Nelsons.
    Actually, I'm thinking it was Mike and Carol Brady.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I thought that Gene Hackman was the original choice to play Marcia Brady, not Mike.
    No, that was Gene Simmons.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Actually, I'm thinking it was Mike and Carol Brady.
    My mom is saying that there was at least one season where Lucy and Desi slept in the same bed.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

My mom is saying that there was at least one season where Lucy and Desi slept in the same bed.
    Apparently we're all wrong...

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/marykay.htm

Mary Kay and Johnny???
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Before they became famous, Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick, actress Kirstie Allie, and former talk show host Jenny Jones were all once contestants on The Match Game...

This has to be either Ozzie and Harriet Nelson or Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz...the only way networks would allow a couple to be seen in bed together back in those days was if they were married in real life. I'm going to guess the Nelsons.
    Okay, this one has me puzzled, because I just saw another source that said the answer was Bewitched.

There was no toilet in the Brady Bunch bathroom.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Who was the only regular cast member of the TV show "M*A*S*H" to actually serve in the Army in Korea?
    Ironically, it was Jamie Farr (Klinger). Proudly and without the dresses.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Who was the only character on the Andy Griffith Show to never be seen on screen?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Leonard Nimoy's Spock was the only original Star Trek crew member from the first pilot to continue on the Enterprise's 3 year mission.

The theme song to long running NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives was written by Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart, the same duo who created The Monkees.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was considered for the role of The Hulk but, even at 6' 2", was reportedly not tall enough (Lou Ferrigno is 6' 5").

The Beverly Hillbillies theme song was #44 on the charts in 1962.

There were three episodes of The Andy Griffith Show that mentioned that Andy and Barney were cousins: The New Housekeeper, The Manhunt, Runaway Kid

Elizabeth Montgomery played the roles of Samantha Stephens and her more free-spirited cousin Serena on Bewitched. However in the cast listing, the role of Serena was listed as being played by Pandora Spocks

Hugh Beaumont, Ward Cleaver on Leave It To Beaver, held a Master of Theology degree from the University of California and was an ordained minister. Before graduating from California he also attended the University of Chattanooga.

The reason Theodore Cleaver was nicknamed "Beaver" was that his brother, Wally, when he was little, could not pronounce "Theodore."

Jeffrey Hunter played the captain of the Enterprise in the first Star Trek pilot.

James Tiberius Kirk was the youngest starship captain ever. Gene Roddenberry's first choice for Captain Kirk was Lloyd Bridges . Jack Lord of Hawaii Five-0 was asked to play Captain Kirk before Shatner.

After the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan, William Katt's character's name on The Greatest American Hero was changed from Ralph Hinkley to Ralph Hanley to avoid association with would-be assassin John Hinkley Jr.

On the 2004 TV reunion movie, Mike Seaver offers his old jacket to his daughter she says that it is no big deal because "it's not like Leonardo DiCaprio wore it", but he actually did wear it when he starred on the last season of Growing Pains.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Who was the only character on the Andy Griffith Show to never be seen on screen?
    Juanita

There was no toilet in the Brady Bunch bathroom.
    Who cares about the toilet? I wanna know if and how the boys peeked on Marcia in the bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Who cares about the toilet? I wanna know if and how the boys peeked on Marcia in the bathtub.
    Barry Williams (Greg Brady) has written about his unsuccessful attempts to put the moves on Maureen McCormick (Marcia).
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

What was the name of the newspaper that Sam Drucker was editor of in the series Petticoat Juction and Green Acres?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?