Turn Off Ads?

Thread: French Press Coffee

French Press Coffee

Does anyone make coffee using a French Press? I got one for Christmas and it makes the best coffee by far! Of all the coffee makers I've owned, and I've owned some really good coffee makers, this one is may favorite.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: French Press Coffee

I have one. Works pretty well.

I have a percolator that I use mostly because it keeps the coffee hotter.

I use a coarse grind in both.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I used one for most of the 90's until I broke three in a span of six months, the last one broke whilst I was pressing it, splattered hot coffee all over my leg, second degree burns.

Be careful and check for cracks.

Now I use a cone filter one cup setup.

Not long ago, I was asked by a party hostess if I've ever tried a French press.

My hopes were greatly stirred up till I realized she were talking about coffee.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I had one, but I must have been grinding the beans to fine. There was just a bit too much grind in the coffee for my taste. I could never find the right way. I now have a stovetop Moka pot and I really enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Not long ago, I was asked by a party hostess if I've ever tried a French press.

My hopes were greatly stirred up till I realized she were talking about coffee.
    Was she serving these too?

The innuendo would have been too much to take.

I have used a French Press to make coffee for about 15 years. I had problems for a few years with cracking after what seemed to be a relatively short time, but the current one I use has been acceptable.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Columbia...&s=home-garden

This one has worked great for me for a year. Stainless steel....no cracking to worry about. I agree w/the above though, press coffee is the most delicious, flavorful, pure, hair-putting on your chest coffee you will ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Columbia...&s=home-garden

This one has worked great for me for a year. Stainless steel....no cracking to worry about. I agree w/the above though, press coffee is the most delicious, flavorful, pure, hair-putting on your chest coffee you will ever have.
    I really appreciate your mention and web-link to this product. I didn't know it existed and its really well-designed. Thanks.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

This is the best coffee maker I've ever had.
    Stovetop Espresso Maker
    I've tried the French Press, but really prefer the simple stovetop espresso maker. I was introduced to it in Germany in 1981 by a beautiful Italian woman...she really loved her coffee in the morning. The girl has since been replaced, but the coffee maker I keep going back to...
    Last edited by WebScorpion; 01-21-2007 at 12:38 AM.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

I have to revise my opinion of the French press. Previously I didn't care for it, but the one I had wasn't a particularly good one. I found a decent one this weekend for a good price and decided to give it another go. Much to my surprise, I would have to agree with you Yachtzee, it is wonderful. It really helps me during the week, because my wife doesn't drink coffee, or I should say doesn't routinely drink it. This is nice, since I can make a cup or two for myself, where my electric drip machine doesn't seem to do well with just a couple of cups of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    This is the best coffee maker I've ever had.
    Stovetop Espresso Maker
    I've tried the French Press, but really prefer the simple stovetop espresso maker. I was introduced to it in Germany in 1981 by a beautiful Italian woman...she really loved her coffee in the morning. The girl has since been replaced, but the coffee maker I keep going back to...
    Well, when you find a good espresso maker, you have to stick with it, Scorp.
    I have a Bellman....
    http://www.coffee-makers-espresso-ma...instovtop.html

I use this

Perfect for the one person coffee home.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    I have to revise my opinion of the French press. Previously I didn't care for it, but the one I had wasn't a particularly good one. I found a decent one this weekend for a good price and decided to give it another go. Much to my surprise, I would have to agree with you Yachtzee, it is wonderful. It really helps me during the week, because my wife doesn't drink coffee, or I should say doesn't routinely drink it. This is nice, since I can make a cup or two for myself, where my electric drip machine doesn't seem to do well with just a couple of cups of coffee.
    Sounds like you're in the same situation I am. My wife doesn't drink coffee at all. My drip coffee maker makes pretty good coffee when I make a whole pot, but it's just not the same for a few cups, even with the special 1-4 cup setting. I've found that with the french press, I can make just enough to fill my travel mug and it's great.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I use this

Perfect for the one person coffee home.

I use one of these too, but I do love "french pressed" coffee.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?