Turn Off Ads?

Thread: OT- Myrtle Beach vacation

OT- Myrtle Beach vacation

Hi gang, the family is planning a trip to Myrtle Beach this year and hopefully some fellow Reds fans can help me out. Where the best place to stay with 2 very little kids? Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OT- Myrtle Beach vacation

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandRedsfn View Post
    Hi gang, the family is planning a trip to Myrtle Beach this year and hopefully some fellow Reds fans can help me out. Where the best place to stay with 2 very little kids? Thanks.
    Can't help you with the accomodations, but I can recommend a day trip down to Huntington Beach and Brookgreen Gardens.

Huntington Beach is a state park with a great beach. It has outdoor showers, clean restrooms and picnic areas within a walk of the beach. Across the street is Brookgreen Gardens. My parents have a season pass there and if you like that kind of stuff, the place has astounding plants, sculptures and a boat tour of the rice canals behind the old plantation home. You wouldn't think it's a great place for kids, but mine love it and they've been going their since before they could walk. And between the two places, it's virtually a guarantee that you'll see some gators.

On the way back, you can stop in Murrell's Inlet, the best seafood town on the coast.

Have fun in Myrtle, but consider these places for a change of pace one day. I don't think you'll regret it one bit.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Thanks will check that out.

Check out Ocean Isle Beach, which is just across the North Carolina state line. It's very family oriented and is close enough to the attractions of North Myrtle and Myrtle that you can get there in about 30 minutes. Great place for families.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but if your heart isn't completely set on Myrtle Beach, you can always check out the Outer Banks as well. A couple of other nice beach vacations that I've taken as well were to Fenwick Island and Bethany Beach, both in Delaware. All were beautiful places to stay with family friendly environments. Plus, the beaches in Delaware are within 2 hours drive time to Washington D.C., for some added fun. The only caution I have in Delaware is that Ocean City, Md. is about 15 minutes south, and it's a place you probably wouldn't want to take your kids to after dark due to the partying and some of the things you might see after dark.

The Outer Banks is great.

I've only been to Myrtle Beach once, and that was for 2 days with adults only. We stayed at the Springmaid Beach Resort, which was very nice, with easy access to the beach, multiple swimming pools & a lazy river.

There were some mini-golf courses around, including, IIRC, one right across the street.

I can't say it's a great place for kids, but it was clean and comfortable.

We always stay in Oak Island, NC.

It is a great family oriented vacation rental community. We always get an ocean front house. (Well worth it!) We always rent a beach house but they do have condos.

Myrtle Beach is about 45 minutes from there.

http://www.oakisland.com/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I've spent a week with the family in Holden Beach (close to Oak Island), Emerald Isle and also Buck Island (Corolla) on the Outer Banks.

They're all nice family spots. I've driven through Myrtle Beach and frankly it looked a bit "rowdy" (don't know if that's the word) for me.

But it is rather large so you can probably find what interests you there.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?