Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here have a Wii,if so read

Anyone here have a Wii,if so read

I was if anyine here had a Wii and if so what do you think about it.I love mine and am having a ball playing all the new games with the new design wiimote and nunchuk.People have alos been talking about how bad the grahics are,I mean what ae they talking about I think the graphics are great.Are they as good as teh PS3 or the Xbox.NO.But do you have to pay 400 or 600 hundred dollars for the console NO.Games dont cost 60 bucks either.I feel that the Wii is everything they said it would be and more.The only thing I would like to see being updated are the internet activity.I cant wait for the first game that has the abiltiy to play on the net coop style.But besdies that I think its great,how about you guys.

Also if anyone wants to share Wii numbers PM me and we can send emails or exchange numbers over PM's if its aloud,thanks.Looking forward to your replys.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone here have a Wii,if so read

bump

I got one for my teenage son. We are all hooked on the bowling. Of course it's really awesome on a 60" screen. The baseball IMO really stinks. It's lke playing Smurf baseball. But the golf, tennis, and other games seem pretty wild. My son loves the old classic Mario games, so I've been allowing him to buy the Wii points (penny a point) to buy/download/save several of those games.

The internet browser seems to work pretty good too.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Wii sports is awesome.Me and my wife,kids,uncles,and parents play the bowling as well,my wife kicks butt on it.I like the tennis the best myself.I myself am locked in on COD3 now,cant wait fro more new games to come out.Hey if you guys want to share the Wii console numbers PM me nad we can share,thanks.It s hard right now to find anyone around were I live that has a Wii,so I havent been able to have parade just yet.

Wii Baseball is hilarious, though. I must have played it for 2 hours with my nephew last weekend. Yeah, it kind of sucks playing the computer, but playing it one on one is a complete blast, IMO.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I think all the Wii games are cool and fun.IF you have a big screen HDTV it only helps.In order for it to look great you need to buy the componet cables but there worth it.I got Zelda and COD3 looking great on my 52 inch HDTV.

Wii is awesome I got Zelda, Madden, Monkeyball, and of course Wii Sports.

Zelda is amazing (of course)
    Monkeyball is a fun pick up and play puzzle type game,
    Madden is just like regular Madden but a little more innovative and actually pretty fun.
    Wii Sports is much better than I ever though it would be! Bowling is AMAZING
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

got alil captain in u?

im seriously trieng hard to find a wii and have had no luck hopefully find one here soon

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Wii Baseball is hilarious, though. I must have played it for 2 hours with my nephew last weekend. Yeah, it kind of sucks playing the computer, but playing it one on one is a complete blast, IMO.
    We need to get another controller so that people can play one on one. I agree, playing versus the computer stinks. You hit a ground ball towards a player, it's caught and automatically registers as an out.

Very un-Reds like

What I like about the bowling is that is it so realistic. Once you program in which hand you bowl with it seems the hand controller actually reads your hand/arm movement and gets the ball to break just as it would in reality. I've been experimenting with it alot. And my average in the game is pretty much what it was when I bowled (around 155).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-21-2007 at 08:41 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    im seriously trieng hard to find a wii and have had no luck hopefully find one here soon
    The latest news I read was that the demand was so high it wouldn't be until around the March quarter before they can be seen regularly in stores.

If I see any around here I will be more then happy to PM you if you want.

The Wiis are awesome and hard to get.ME and my wife stood in line 19hrs the day they were released and got one.We alos picked up a couple games that are great to play.Zelda:TP is awesome,COD3 is great,GT PRO racing is alrgiht,Marvels Ultimate Alliance is great as well,Wii sports is a great way to pass time with friends and family.The Wii is a great machine and I only see it getting better.

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The latest news I read was that the demand was so high it wouldn't be until around the March quarter before they can be seen regularly in stores.

If I see any around here I will be more then happy to PM you if you want.
    thanks GAC

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    thanks GAC
    No problem. I got really lucky on mine. I used craigslist and found one in my locale over in Dublin, Ohio (about 30 minutes away). I ended up paying $350 for it after I told the guy I was waiting to hear from another seller in Columbus to get back with me and he wanted $375. This guy wanted $400. He still made a profit of $100 because he was one of the lucky ones who bought it during the "first round".

I was just simply amazed at what people were paying for these units on Ebay. Simply stupid IMO.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

OT...kinda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7fIiRW2VLA This looks a lot cooler than the Wii sports games out there

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Just got a Wii for my daughter at CompUSA.

Used this to track one down...
    http://www.itrackr.com

Looks like supply is improving.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?