Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What Do Billy Graham and the Cleveland Browns Have In Common?

What Do Billy Graham and the Cleveland Browns Have In Common?

They both fill a stadium where 75,000 people jump up and yell "JESUS CHRIST!"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: What Do Billy Graham and the Cleveland Browns Have In Common?

Maybe we could get Billy to "lay hands" on the franchise. worth a try.

Me and my Browns Backer group can be heard screaming much worse than that by the way.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Drew Carey and filthy strippers?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They both fill a stadium where 75,000 people jump up and yell "JESUS CHRIST!"
    I used to say that about the Bengals.

Wait, nevermind, I still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

This really has nothing to do with GAC's joke, but it the thread does give me a chance to post my favorite Billy Graham football story.
    This is a true story, related in Allen Barra's "The Last Coach," his biography of Alabama coach Paul "Bear" Bryant.
    In 1965 Graham spoke to a crowd of more than 18,000 at Denny Stadium in Alabama. One of the topics was civil rights and the audience was one of the largest integrated gatherings in Alabama ever seen up to that time. A storm broke as Graham delivered a message about racial tolerance; lightning struck the stage, sparking the microphone.
    Graham immediately sat down and leaned over to Bryant, who was also scheduled to speak. Graham said: "Coach, you'd have stopped, too, if that lightning had hit you like that."
    Bryant was adamant: "No, sir!"
    Graham: "Why not?"
    Bryant growled: "When I'm down on the one-yard line, I don't stop until I score."
    At that, Billy Graham returned and completed his message.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

And a good place for Touchdown Jesus.

Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    And a good place for Touchdown Jesus.

Every time I drive by that church on 75 I shake my head. Their intentions may be noble, as far as trying to get the message out; but I think it could have been better accomplished by spending the monies to actually reach out and help people in need and show them "what would Jesus do?"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Every time I drive by that church on 75 I shake my head. Their intentions may be noble, as far as trying to get the message out; but I think it could have been better accomplished by spending the monies to actually reach out and help people in need and show them "what would Jesus do?"
    I think its pretty clear

Turn Off Ads?