Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Still Sitting Around Waiting!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Still Sitting Around Waiting!

Every few hours I log onto redzone...hoping that the Reds have done something. I, like most of the rest of you, started out hoping that they would sign a couple of free agents who might fill the holes that could make this team a contender. I honestly believe that they are not that far away. No starting pitcher (Jason Schmidt, Mark Mulder), closer or decent hitting/ outfielder (Trot Nixon, Dave Delucci, Craig Wilson) signed. I then started hoping that a trade might land someone like Jake Westbrook. No such luck. Now we are reduced to waiting around hoping that the Reds will just do the common sense thing and sign a very good pitcher like Aaron Harang to a long term contract! You know, at the very least keep who they've got! Why can't this team ever seem to have enough sense to do the right thing. Harang has, in fact, asked for a very reasonable salary...and yet, the FO has to counter with a more thanridiculous counter offer. they should appreciate the fact that Harang is trying to be fair and decent...and get to work on a LTC! Every day the clock is ticking, and the Reds are ticking me off!

part of BBN

Re: Still Sitting Around Waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    Every few hours I log onto redzone...hoping that the Reds have done something. I, like most of the rest of you, started out hoping that they would sign a couple of free agents who might fill the holes that could make this team a contender. I honestly believe that they are not that far away. No starting pitcher (Jason Schmidt, Mark Mulder), closer or decent hitting/ outfielder (Trot Nixon, Dave Delucci, Craig Wilson) signed. I then started hoping that a trade might land someone like Jake Westbrook. No such luck. Now we are reduced to waiting around hoping that the Reds will just do the common sense thing and sign a very good pitcher like Aaron Harang to a long term contract! You know, at the very least keep who they've got! Why can't this team ever seem to have enough sense to do the right thing. Harang has, in fact, asked for a very reasonable salary...and yet, the FO has to counter with a more thanridiculous counter offer. they should appreciate the fact that Harang is trying to be fair and decent...and get to work on a LTC! Every day the clock is ticking, and the Reds are ticking me off!
    While I understand wanting to see something done...I do remember Eric Milton was signed in December while BA was acquired in Feb so there is still hope.
    As far as Harang is concerned ....I would rather think they are just dragging their feet with him rather then him saying "no" to a possible LTC deal.

:deadhorse :lindner: =
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I am with you guy's. When the new ownership bought the team and Special K came in and made a few really nice moves (ditching Womack, signing BP and Ross, trading for Arroyo, etc.) I was so juiced to think that my team was finally coming to it's senses..... i.e. Being run right.

At this point, I'm starting to think it's just the SOS in a different year. I almost feel betrayed. I absolutely cannot believe they didn't do much of anything this off season.... Who's to blame for this?

I am disappointed also.

But the part of me that's willing to give them the benefit of the doubt suggests that there are no reasonable takers/offers for Dunn, Milton, and Griffey............therefore they must hope each player does well heading into the trade deadline during the season and they can unload them OR they'll just have to ride out their contracts one more season and free up $30 plus million that they can spend in next off season.

Therefore, look for a last place finish this year and alot of free tickets being given away by your friends!

Ithink the Reds set themselves up for this because they said we will make moves and for whatever reason have not done so that leaves a lot of fans upset including myself .

Turn Off Ads?