Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Championship Weekend Predictions

Re: Championship Weekend Predictions

Any given Sunday...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I'm speechless. I wound up turning it off after the Colts had to punt with just a few minutes left and I thought it was over. I really thought the Colts had no chance. The Patriots had a 21-3 lead right before the half and blew it. The Colts offense looked like a different team in the second half and the Patriots defense looked lost. Top that off with a Brady INT when they still could have won. It was a bizarro second half.
    Petyon stepped it up, what a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had the Colts started out well they would have won by 2 touchdowns.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Where's my boy, Mutaman? I guess Tom "the Greatest Quarterback Ever" blew the game all by himself. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

This feels so good right now. Mr. Perfect is going to watch the Super Bowl from home.

Hell of a win by Marquette today.

It's funny that this game came down to special teams. The Colts claw their way back in to tie the game, only to turn around and give up an 80 yard kick-off return. They kick another game tying FG, only to allow another kick return to mid-field. They had to punt in their own territory and give up a decent return only to tack an extra 15 yards for a face mask. The Patriots offense hasn't had to put together a drive the entire second half. That's the difference between the Patriots and teams like the Colts. They rarely beat themselves while other teams self-destruct. That's what happened last week in San Diego and that's what happened today. This is the first time Manning played a great game in the playoffs against this team and the special teams blew the gaem for them. I really do feel bad for Peyton because this loss will be put all on his shoulders like it always is.
    Do you like your crow baked or grilled?

Somebody performed the Heimlich on Peyton. Having something lodged in your throat for six seasons can't be pleasant.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Just like Brady was never the reason the Pats won so much, he wasn't the source of their loss today. He made one mistake today and that was it. And that was in a situation where it would have been difficult to score the TD they needed as it was. There was 24 seconds left and they had 1 TO and 44 yards to go.

I've always thought it was the Pats defense that was factor #1 in their winning and they were the culprit today. They looked great in the first half just like they always did in the playoffs against the Colts. Then something happened and they looked terrible in the second half.

pretty much everything you'd expect to see, the opposite happened in the second half of today's game.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I guess even a blind pig can find an acorn once in awhile. Heck, if A-Rod keeps plugging away, he might actually win something.

Congrats to Peyton Manning and the Colts. Great comeback. Anyone see Belichick after the game. Ran right by Peyton Manning and was a total horses behind in the post game interview. No class. What a sore loser. I can't stand the Patriots.
    Last edited by RollyInRaleigh; 01-22-2007 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Congrats to Peyton Manning and the Colts. Great comeback. Anyone see Belichick after the game. Ran right by Peyton Manning and was a total horses behind in the post game interview. No class. What a sore loser. I can't stand the Patriots.
    Yeah, I saw Belichick. He does seem to be a jerk.
    I rooted for the Patriots in several of their Super Bowl appearances, primarily because they have former Marshall star Troy Brown, who is a truly great person along with being a remarkable player, but Troy has three Super Bowl rings--I wanted someone else to get one.
    I was very happy to see the Colts win. I just wish the Saints could have won as well.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I'm a fan of Troy Brown, as well, RedsBaron. He's had a really fine career. I just wish he played for someone besides the Patriots. Don't know why, but I've never liked them. From Jim Nance, to Corey Dillon, Jim Plunkett to Tom Brady, I've never cared for the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I guess even a blind pig can find an acorn once in awhile. Heck, if A-Rod keeps plugging away, he might actually win something.
    So now Peyton Manning is a blind pig, who for some reason is looking for acorns. And he hasn't won anything yet, I think he will though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

As of right now, Vegas has the Bears as at least 7 pt underdogs. The over/under line for the Super Bowl, in Miami on Feb. 4, was set at 49 or 49.5 points, meaning bookmakers expect a high-scoring game and the public to root for lots of points.

I'm rootin' for the Bears, though I think Indy will win. I was raised on two football teams in the 60's - Browns and Bears. I was always a huge fan of Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus.

But if the Bears fall behind, having to rely on Grossman's arm will spell trouble. But then, he will be facing the Colt's "D" too.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Just like Brady was never the reason the Pats won so much, he wasn't the source of their loss today. He made one mistake today and that was it. And that was in a situation where it would have been difficult to score the TD they needed as it was. There was 24 seconds left and they had 1 TO and 44 yards to go.

I've always thought it was the Pats defense that was factor #1 in their winning and they were the culprit today. They looked great in the first half just like they always did in the playoffs against the Colts. Then something happened and they looked terrible in the second half.

pretty much everything you'd expect to see, the opposite happened in the second half of today's game.
    The Pats defense was tired and the Colts O just manhandled them in the third quarter. Brady is a great quarterback but he made more than just the one mistake.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Colts vs Patriots was a classic game.

That's what championship games are supposed to be.

Congrats to Dungy and Manning for getting over the hump. Now go get your Lombardi trophy!!

Turn Off Ads?