Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make it 9

Re: Make it 9

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You're right, they should. Whenever a baseball player tests positive for steroids, everybody pitches a fit but it's no big deal if a football player does.

It's not necessarily that he was smoking pot, but that he was breaking the law. He's the 9th member of the team to do so in a little over a year. That's pretty embarassing no matter how small the offense.
    Baseball fans and the media have higher standards for the sport. It's not just a hype sport.

I know that's general, but it's what I think.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    So throw away last year's first round pick because he was in a car with a pot smoker? I'm all for tightening up the discipline, but let's not go off the deep end.
    He was in the car with a pot smoker? Yeah, but marijuana was found in his bag, and the car smelled like it too. Sorry, but I'm tired of rooting for criminals.

I wonder how many Bengals got traffic tickets this year?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    He was in the car with a pot smoker? Yeah, but marijuana was found in his bag, and the car smelled like it too. Sorry, but I'm tired of rooting for criminals.
    Good luck finding a team to root for.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I was replying to the idea that "everybody does it".
    Well, I certainly didn't mean everybody. 40% is an interesting figure because I think if you just included this generation, that number would be higher.

Lecture? Hummm. Sensitive are we? Note to self: Get Dom a skull bong for Christmas 2007. Again, as I said in my last post, I was just refuting the "everybody does it, so it's all ok" line of reasoning you were using.
    Yikes. I meant to delete the lecture out of there. You were by no means preaching there and I realized that when I typed it out. My apologies.

You think at some point, the Bengals players would start to make better choices. Regardless of what they have done or will do, it just boggles my mind how they continue to put themselves in bad positions.

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Good luck finding a team to root for.
    Any other teams closing in on double digit arrests?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Yikes. I meant to delete the lecture out of there. You were by no means preaching there and I realized that when I typed it out. My apologies.
    No prob man. I didn't take any offsense at all.

I pretty much agree with you that being nicked with some weed isn't a huge deal in the grandscheme of things other than it makes the Bengals look bad....again.

I believe the Super Bowl bound Bears and the 14-3 Chargers were the teams that were right behind the Bengals in arrests. It definately is a league wide problem.

I don't have a huge problem with him smoking pot. My guess is that the majority, or at least pretty close to it, of professional athletes smoke pot. The problem here lies with his decision making. If you're going to smoke pot, okay. But don't smoke pot then pull out your guns in a fight or drive on the wrong side of the road. I know a number of marijuana users and none of them have ever been arrested for possession. Is it that hard to not get arrested?

RF is exactly right. These guys have got to understand that they are under the microscope when they are out at night: 1) as professional athletes, 2) as members of a team that has become notorious for off-the-field issues, and, in some cases, as young, wealthy, African American men.

My worry is not about these guys being "low character." It's about being dumb. When one of your teammates gets popped for DUI or possession why aren't you thinking "hmm, maybe I should hire someone to drive me around if I'm going to have a drink in public" or "maybe I should cool it with the dope unless I'm at home."

I also wonder if the good citizens in the Bengal clubhouse are applying some serious peer pressure to these kids to make them behave. And if they aren't, why.

I'm sure Marvin will "get tough" and suspend Joseph for the first half of the first pre-season game. That'll teach 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

With the penalty for possession so lenient, he probably would be in more trouble for shoplifting.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Birds of a feather toke together.
    Innocent until proven guilty?

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Anybody ever pinched one with a Bengal? That might reach 40%!

Maybe that is the Browns problem; they aren't smoking enough hemp.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

2) I'll take the bet of alcohol versus pot anytime. I've lived with both alcoholics and potheads. At least the potheads don't get angry when you beat them at a game of pool.
    Yes, but they'll eat all your munchies.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?