Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Nfl Mock Draft 1-10

Re: 2007 Nfl Mock Draft 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Wanna bet?

Ginn is a first rounder and he might, I say might, be a top ten player, but I don't think he goes top 10. Unless 3 receivers go in the top 10, and I just don't see that happening.
    I agree with your take Puffy. I think it depends on what a team needs for Ginn to be selected. Ginn is a complimentary player in the NFL, a great number 2 reciever. A Homerun hitter, who can stretch the field and run back kicks. Not really the same role that someone like Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett will have.

Ginn may not be able to go full speed on his ankle until April. His stock will slide, how quickly he gets his speed back, will determine his final spot.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Ginn is a first rounder and he might, I say might, be a top ten player, but I don't think he goes top 10. Unless 3 receivers go in the top 10, and I just don't see that happening.
    Nope.

Most teams with top draft picks are so full of holes that they're smart enough to avoid taking wideouts and, instead, concentrate on the positions that can help a team turn Ls into Ws -- like O-linemen, defensive playmakers, and franchise quarterbacks.

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see no WRs taken in the top-5 and only 1 in the top 10.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Nope.

Most teams with top draft picks are so full of holes that they're smart enough to avoid taking wideouts and, instead, concentrate on the positions that can help a team turn Ls into Ws -- like O-linemen, defensive playmakers, and franchise quarterbacks.

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see no WRs taken in the top-5 and only 1 in the top 10.
    Yeah but there are some boneheaded teams picking toward the top this year. The Cardinals and Lions are the only teams in the top 10 that are set at reciever. I could easily argue that Johnson, Ginn, and Jarrett all get picked in the top 10. I am not saying it is smart, just saying it could happen.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Wanna bet?

Kiper now projects Ginn going to Minnesota at #7.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Who does Kiper have the Bengals taking? Also could you post his top 10?
    Go BLUE!!!

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    KIPER'S TOP 10

1. Calvin Johnson*, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: Same
    He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's a hard worker and very team oriented. Based on the needs of the Raiders and Lions, Johnson might not be the No. 1 overall pick, but he won't fall out of the top five.

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same
    Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan.

3. Adrian Peterson*, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: Same
    The most talented running back in the draft with an excellent burst to the outside for his size. The concern with Peterson is his durability.

4. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225) | previous: Same
    Poised, smart and at his best in pressure situations. Quinn did throw two interceptions in the Sugar Bowl after throwing just one INT in his previous eight games.

5. JaMarcus Russell*, QB, LSU (6-6, 260) | previous: Same
    Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.

6. Jamaal Anderson*, DE, Arkansas (6-5, 270) | previous: Same
    A gifted athlete who is coming off an exceptional 2006 season. Anderson is a complete player, equally solid against the run and as a pass rusher.

7. Alan Branch*, DT, Michigan (6-5½, 328) | previous: Same
    Huge and athletic, Branch is a true space eater along the interior. Once his technique improves, watch out!

8. Ted Ginn Jr.*, WR, Ohio State (5-11, 175) | previous: Same
    Takes a backseat to no one in the speed department, brings a big-play dimension to the wide receiver position and also the return game.

9. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: Same
    A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield.

10. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260) | previous: Same
    Flashes dominating ability with his athleticism and quickness. Adams led the Tigers with 10½ sacks and 15½ tackles for loss.

1. Calvin Johnson*, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: Same
    He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's a hard worker and very team oriented. Based on the needs of the Raiders and Lions, Johnson might not be the No. 1 overall pick, but he won't fall out of the top five.

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same
    Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan.

3. Adrian Peterson*, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: Same
    The most talented running back in the draft with an excellent burst to the outside for his size. The concern with Peterson is his durability.

4. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225) | previous: Same
    Poised, smart and at his best in pressure situations. Quinn did throw two interceptions in the Sugar Bowl after throwing just one INT in his previous eight games.

5. JaMarcus Russell*, QB, LSU (6-6, 260) | previous: Same
    Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.

6. Jamaal Anderson*, DE, Arkansas (6-5, 270) | previous: Same
    A gifted athlete who is coming off an exceptional 2006 season. Anderson is a complete player, equally solid against the run and as a pass rusher.

7. Alan Branch*, DT, Michigan (6-5½, 328) | previous: Same
    Huge and athletic, Branch is a true space eater along the interior. Once his technique improves, watch out!

8. Ted Ginn Jr.*, WR, Ohio State (5-11, 175) | previous: Same
    Takes a backseat to no one in the speed department, brings a big-play dimension to the wide receiver position and also the return game.

9. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: Same
    A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield.

10. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260) | previous: Same
    Flashes dominating ability with his athleticism and quickness. Adams led the Tigers with 10½ sacks and 15½ tackles for loss.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Leon Hall CB MICHIGAN

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Leon Hall CB MICHIGAN

Leon Hall is way overrated imo. I can't see Marvin taking a player like that.

Don't be surprised if Oakland goes for Calvin Johnson. Al Davis loves him those great receivers.
    I agree they should take him. He is, by far, the best player in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Ugh. As a diehard Vikings fan, I'll pass on Ginn. For my money he's been the most overrated player in college football for two years now and he's done nothing to change my opinion of him. He may be fast, but the Vikings already have their first round "fast" WR and that hasn't worked out so well. Ginn may be a good WR at some point in his career, but I don't think I want my favorite team to be the one that waits on him to do it.

If it were my decision, I'd trade pretty much anything I had to in order to move up high enough to take Calvin Johnson.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Leon Hall CB MICHIGAN
    Good pick for the Bengals there, IMO.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    Ugh. As a diehard Vikings fan, I'll pass on Ginn. For my money he's been the most overrated player in college football for two years now and he's done nothing to change my opinion of him. He may be fast, but the Vikings already have their first round "fast" WR and that hasn't worked out so well. Ginn may be a good WR at some point in his career, but I don't think I want my favorite team to be the one that waits on him to do it.

If it were my decision, I'd trade pretty much anything I had to in order to move up high enough to take Calvin Johnson.
    Absolutely - you would think teams would learn that drafting speed at receiver (Troy Williamson) over production is almost always a mistake. Ginn would be a fine addition to someone like the Patroits or the Chargers. Someone who would use him like Devin Hester in the punt and return games. Cause thats all he is right now. Maybe eventually he becomes an average or better receiver, but banking on it is risky. But he will be a difference maker in the return game. A team with a top 15 pick would be wasting it on him, IMO
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Good pick for the Bengals there, IMO.
    Are you a Browns/Steelers/Ravens fan? Leon Hall got smoked way too much for a player of his supposed caliber. A projected first round corner has to shut down the opposing player in college. At what point in the season did Hall succeed in doing this?

Absolutely - you would think teams would learn that drafting speed at receiver (Troy Williamson) over production is almost always a mistake. Ginn would be a fine addition to someone like the Patroits or the Chargers. Someone who would use him like Devin Hester in the punt and return games. Cause thats all he is right now. Maybe eventually he becomes an average or better receiver, but banking on it is risky. But he will be a difference maker in the return game. A team with a top 15 pick would be wasting it on him, IMO
    I think you are selling Ginn short as a reciever. He made big strides this year in making adjustments to the ball, and in space he is very difficult to contain for opposing defensive backs. Ohio State would try to isolate him in one on one situations during the year, and when they could they certainly exploited his playmaking ability. His route running improved dramatically this year as well. His downfield blocking is adequate. I think a team with a bigger WR like a Andre Johnson, or Braylon Edwards needs another player that can move the safeties back a little to free up space. If so Ginn is your guy. His reputation alone will move the safeties back.

[QUOTE=LoganBuck;1242953]

Leon Hall is way overrated imo. QUOTE]
    I can think off the top of my head of 3 CB's I'd take before Hall: Hughes out of California, Ross out of Texas and Revis out of Pitt.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Turn Off Ads?