Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things that don't make any sense at first glance.....

Things that don't make any sense at first glance.....

In the activity limbo you raise the bar by lowering it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Things that don't make any sense at first glance.....

You park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

Things to be delivered by car are shipments. Things to be delivered by ships are cargo.

GL

Paris Hilton being famous.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

In baseball a ball that hits the foul pole is actually fair.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The true age of Julio Franco...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Why people still call some golf clubs "woods" when they have zero wood in them at all.

The new lingo is Driver and Fairway Metal, people.

You've all gotten the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Why people still call some golf clubs "woods" when they have zero wood in them at all.

The new lingo is Driver and Fairway Metal, people.

You've all gotten the memo.

Probably because a lot of us were calling them "woods" years before you were born and we're kind of used to it.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I thought they were named after Tiger
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

What is Chewbacca doing on Endor?

"I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Probably because a lot of us were calling them "woods" years before you were born and we're kind of used to it.

Admit it, you still carry persimmon, and can hit it on the screws!

You probably have a brassie and a niblick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Admit it, you still carry persimmon, and can hit it on the screws!

You probably have a brassie and a niblick as well.

I have all of those, I'll readily admit. But just in my collection.

I switched from persimmon when the first Taylor Made "Original One" came out, back in the day.

It's amazing to look at the old hickory shafted clubs of the 20's and 30's and imagine playing with them today. Especially with the ball techology they had back then.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    What is Chewbacca doing on Endor?

Have to spread some rep around Johnny before I can + you more, but:

Cochran: Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
    Gerald Broflovski: Dammit!
    Chef: What?
    Gerald: He's using the Chewbacca Defense!
    Cochran: Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, (approaches and softens) does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I have all of those, I'll readily admit. But just in my collection.

I switched from persimmon when the first Taylor Made "Original One" came out, back in the day.

It's amazing to look at the old hickory shafted clubs of the 20's and 30's and imagine playing with them today. Especially with the ball techology they had back then.

That would be somewhere around 1980.

Taylor Made has really struggled to find itself during its lifetime, first as a metal driver company, then to almost a 100% wedge only company, and then in the mid to late 90s they dipped their toe in the iron aspect of things. Now, they are back to being one of the leading manufacturers of drivers and irons, and after being on staff with them for almost 2 years, there isn't a big enough amount of coin to make me play 14 of their clubs at one time.

Amazingly enough, some of their best products are more than 5+ years old. The first RAC combo iron set they offered, with cavity back from 3 through 6 iron, and then muscle back in the 7 through PW; their Forged 300 series, which first put them head to head with Titleist and Mizuno in terms of forged irons, and then their best driver before the R7: The Burner with the Bubble Shaft (good luck trying to find that shaft to replace if you end up breaking it).

------

There is not 1 player on any tour today that could hit a hickory shafted club without watching it shatter to pieces. The evolution of the golf swing has gone from the "sweep swing" which ended with Ben Hogan to the 2 plane, striking down on the ball swing you see most players attempt today.

The game will continue to evolve. Technology and equipment will continue to attempt to level the playing field, but the far superior players will remain just that.

My question is, who will replace Tiger? Has that player even been born yet?

But, to not completely derail the thread, why do hot dogs come in packages of 8, and hot dog buns usually come in packages of 10? To even them out, you'll end up with 40 a piece...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sam Donaldson's "hair" doesn't make a lot of sense to me....

Donald Trump laughing at anyone else's appearance is a mystery to me.

Turn Off Ads?