Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Web Design: CMS with PHPBB forum intergration

Web Design: CMS with PHPBB forum intergration

I'm looking for some recommendations on a CMS with PHPBB forum intergration. Ultimately looking for user submitted articles that post on the front page and re-produce in the forum for discussion.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Web Design: CMS with PHPBB forum intergration

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    I'm looking for some recommendations on a CMS with PHPBB forum intergration. Ultimately looking for user submitted articles that post on the front page and re-produce in the forum for discussion.
    I am a huge drupal fan, and I know drupal.org has some phpbb integration links on their site. I can't speak to how exactly well it's integrated, but it's worth a look.

From personal experience, I wouldn't use any other CMS.

Also - I don't know how hard core you are about using phpbb, but Drupal has a pretty strong forum engine already built in.

Let me know if your interested and I can shoot you some links to poke around.

Another thought - Why not just do a CMS - pick whatever you want, then establish a subdomain for your phpbb - I see your thought for promoting over content to the forum area, so that would be one place you wouldn't have functionality.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Web Design: CMS with PHPBB forum intergration

HotCorner, I've never used it, but I see that subdreamer does supposedly integrate phpbb & invision, among others

http://www.subdreamer.com/

Turn Off Ads?