Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dodgers sign Rudy Seanez to minor-league deal, Reds pursued him

Dodgers sign Rudy Seanez to minor-league deal, Reds pursued him

Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Dodgers have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran reliever Rudy Seanez. The Los Angeles Times reported that the deal could be worth up to $1.2 million if he meets performance incentives.

Seanez, who will reportedly receive a base salary of $700,000 if he makes the team out of spring training, started the 2006 campaign with the Boston Red Sox, but was released in August after going 2-1 with a 4.82 ERA in 40 games. San Diego then signed him and he made eight appearances for them in September and one in the playoffs.

The 38-year-old right-hander was also being pursued by the Cincinnati Reds and Colorado Rockies. Seanez also pitched for the Dodgers from 1994-95.

In 429 career games, with Cleveland, San Diego, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Texas, Boston, Kansas City and Florida, Seanez has a career record of 30-23 with a 4.21 ERA.
    http://netsports.baseball.com/defaul...AAN4059640.htm
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Dodgers sign Rudy Seanez to minor-league deal, Reds pursued him

I don't now why Wayne was after him, he is to young for the Red's BP.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    I don't now why Wayne was after him, he is to young for the Red's BP.
    Especially since WK has spend an estimated 92.7% of his tenure with the Reds trying to acquire bullpen arms.

WK, THE BULLPEN IS FULL!

Can't say I'm surprised he's going after 38 year old pitcher that would be in the bullpen.
    Last edited by Degenerate39; 01-23-2007 at 05:43 PM.
    Most Vottomatic Player

what a joke.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Mark it down, sometime this year the Reds will be the first with an all Lefty pen...
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

omg the reds ALMOST signed someone to a minor league deal!!
    The Sky really is falling!!
    Chill people
    :deadhorse

The jokes about the bullpen are getting old. My thinking is WK has some kids down on the farm he projects being BP pitchers down the line and wants a year or 2 to develop more. In the end a cheap priced bullpen can lead to better use of the dollars available to work on weaknesses elsewhere.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    The jokes about the bullpen are getting old.
    You think the jokes are old?

Why, I heard the team decided not to buy a golf cart to take the pitchers to the mound after it learned that each of them already has one.

In fact, those pitchers are so old I've heard them threaten opposing players by saying they'll keep any ball that gets hit into their bullpen.

Not only that, but I've heard that they're forcing the team to put one of those staircase elevator things to bypass the dugout step.

Truth is, a couple of them are still allowed to throw the spitter.

That's how old they are.

Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?