Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about playing sports in college

Re: Questions about playing sports in college

The University of Cincinnati is a terrible university. I was born and raised in Cincinnati so I would know.

Xavier University is a terrible school. I was born and raised in Cincinnati so I would know.

Proctor and Gamble is a terrible company. I was born and raised in Cincinnati so I would know.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    They can use offensive linemen. Good luck! Do you have a good 40 time?
    No, my 40 time was 5.9...I am going to a speed camp at Dublin in the next comming week or two.
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    No, my 40 time was 5.9...I am going to a speed camp at Dublin in the next comming week or two.
    Yeah, that 40 time's gonna have to come down some. But your technique and foot skills are what's going to take you places.

Randy's on the mark. Talk to your coach. Keep the weight training on schedule.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Heath is right. The 40 time has to come down. Marshall is playing in CUSA now and I could be wrong, but it seems to be a much faster league than the MAC was. Regardless, work on that 40 time, and good luck!

As many others have said, your coach's involvement is crucial. With no coach's involvement you can imagine what the college coach is thinking:

"This guy wants to play at the next level but can't even get his high school coach to call and support him? Must not be that great of a player."

Now obviously there are exceptions, but I guarantee that's what most college coach's think. They have a lot of players that want those scholarships. Why would they take a chance on a kid that has no support from his high school coach vs one whose high school coach calls weekly or monthly to praise your play, your integrity, and your desire to play at the next level for their school?

My high school baseball coach was instrumental in me being offered a scholarship. Without him, the best I could have done would have likely been a small grant from a DIV III Ohio school.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Oh, yeah, how's the GPA and ACT scores? Also, ask your guidence counselor about the NCAA Clearing House for academics.

Colleges have funny ways of making you go to class before you play football.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Yeah, that 40 time's gonna have to come down some. But your technique and foot skills are what's going to take you places.

Randy's on the mark. Talk to your coach. Keep the weight training on schedule.
    I would like to think that my footwork is good, I gave up 0 sacks on the year, and we were one of the best running offenses in my area this year.
    Let's make some noise!

One other thought. If your absolute dream is to play D1, don't forget about the JUCO route. Lots of Ohio kids forget that this is a possibility because no Ohio JUCOs play football. There are some in the Midwest (Michigan and Iowa in particular) that play good football and send kids to D1.

It's not a bad route to take. You get a couple years to work on your skills, grade, body and you keep that D1 dream alive.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Oh, yeah, how's the GPA and ACT scores? Also, ask your guidence counselor about the NCAA Clearing House for academics.

Colleges have funny ways of making you go to class before you play football.
    GPA is a 2.76 and im going to take my ACT in April
    Let's make some noise!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

You know, at your size, you could wear Angus Young as a book bag whilst doing some tribute rocking.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    You know, at your size, you could wear Angus Young as a book bag whilst doing some tribute rocking.
    HAHAHA That's great man! God's given me this size and I wanna do something good with it! That's why I want to play football at the next level!
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?