Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Some Of The Worst Movies You've Watched This Past Year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What Are Some Of The Worst Movies You've Watched This Past Year?

For me....

Lady In The Water by M. Night Shyamalan.

I got about halfway through it the first time and then forced myself to watch it again to try and figure out what was going on. I never did.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: What Are Some Of The Worst Movies You've Watched This Past Year?

I've seen a lot of movies, but I'd have to say the worst was Nacho Libre.

My favorite: Pan's Labyrinth(if it counts, it was really close to the new year )

Ocean's 12. Horrible movie. one of the worst I've ever seen.

And I thought Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was pretty bad as well.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Ocean's 12. Horrible movie. one of the worst I've ever seen.

And I thought Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was pretty bad as well.

Totally agree on both of those.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

La Dolce Vita

Firewall...just saw recently on HBO. I just wish Harrison Ford would make another decent film. Hopefully, the new Indiana Jones will be that movie.

I agree about Pirates of the Caribbean. Watched the dvd from Netflix. I fell asleep during it.
    teach tolerance.

Running With Scissors - Dysfunction was not fun in the 70's, Squid and the Whale, divorce is messy and kids have feelings. Friends with Money, LA breeds stuff I spend a lot of time trying to forget about.

The Marine. One of those movies that was so horrendous it was actually entertaining.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

X3 was pretty lousy.

"Hi, I'm Cyclops. I'm the leader of the X-men. Excuse me while I go die off-screen."

"Hi, I'm Colossus. I don't talk."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The Pink Panther was really awful. Thank God I saw it on DVD because I fast forwarded through most of it. I'd have hated to pay good money for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The New World.

I always watch a movie to the bitter end. I turned this turkey off after about 45 minutes. Like watching paint dry.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The New World.

I always watch a movie to the bitter end. I turned this turkey off after about 45 minutes. Like watching paint dry.
    I don't watch many movies, so in terms of comparison to other current movies, these comments may not be that useful.
    I found this movie to be a compelling meditation on redemptive love and its power and the movie was unique in that it was able to communicate this aspect visually, through its distintive visual poetry. The use of the Das Rheingold prelude (the repeated musical motif in the movie) was effective - what a beautiful piece.

Oh, and I watched "Roadhouse" a few times this year, too -- so awful it's actually quite entertaining.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Oh, and I watched "Roadhouse" a few times this year, too -- so awful it's actually quite entertaining.
    Oh, it's a total camp classic. Horrible acting. Terrible cliche's. Plot with the depth of a roadside puddle (there's no law enforcement anywhere in the entire state?!?!) Over the top fight sceens and "totally '80s" hair. Oh yea...and Sam Elliot kicking and punching some folks.

I watch it every once in a while for the reason you describe. It's so hideous that I can't take my eyes away from it.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 01-24-2007 at 04:41 PM.

I am like Roy Tucker - I usually watch a movie to the end.
    Date Movie was an exception. Bad taste for the sake of being in bad taste. My Big Fat Independent Movie also made that list. Scary Movie started an aweful, aweful trend - and I hope it stops soon.
    Classics wise, I always have to pop in Manos, The Hands of Fate in once a year to see how truly, remarkably, painfully bad a movie could be. Fortunately, my friends Joel, Tom and Crow were there to keep me laughing. Deep hurting. Deeeeeep hurting.

Wolf Creek. Terrible, terrible movie. Luckily I saw it at the $2.50 matinee price.

Turn Off Ads?