Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids Say (Do) The Darnedest Things

Re: Kids Say (Do) The Darnedest Things

I asked my friend's son why he didn't drink milk and he told me that "milk makes boogers"
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    You sure she didn't call her a dump truck?
    Pretty sure.

Because at first, I thought she said "dumb <really bad word>" which caused my dad radar to go onto high power scan and the reply "*what* did you say?"

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Pretty sure.

Because at first, I thought she said "dumb <really bad word>" which caused my dad radar to go onto high power scan and the reply "*what* did you say?"
    My youngest brother is about 14 years younger than me. When he was about two, I dropped the word you thought you heard, which my brother repeated. It took me a couple of minutes to get the word "duck" in his head before letting him toddle off to mom.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

A few months before my son turned 3 we were in church. Sometime during the mass he whispers to me, "Daddy, you said this is God's house, right?"
    Me whispering: "Yes".
    Him whispering: "So that means Jesus lives here too?"
    Me whispering: "Yes"
    Him not whispering: "Jesus has four ceiling fans!"

My wife listens to the Beatles quite a bit. Yesterday I heard my boy (barely 3) singing "Yellow Submarine" ... all of it, word for word.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    My wife listens to the Beatles quite a bit. Yesterday I heard my boy (barely 3) singing "Yellow Submarine" ... all of it, word for word.
    When my younger daughter was about four, my youngest sister was getting married and she asked me to sing the Ave Maria at the wedding. So I was going around practicing it even singing it to her at bedtime. My wife goes to pick her up at pre-school at a nearby Presbyterian church and the teacher told her our daughter had sung the entire Ave Maria to them in Latin.
    Ah-vay Ma-wee-ah. I can still hear it now.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My youngest brother is about 14 years younger than me. When he was about two, I dropped the word you thought you heard, which my brother repeated. It took me a couple of minutes to get the word "duck" in his head before letting him toddle off to mom.
    When I questioned my daughter on what she said, her reply was "I swear on my grandma's eyelids".

Which baffled me so much as to what the heck that meant, I just stopped. Which, in retrospect, might have been her goal.

Pay attention to the open sky

GL
    Our youngest, also 3, sings "Ring of Fire." He knows every single word to that song and loves singing it. It's funny to hear a Johnny Cash song sung in a 3 year old voice.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

GL
    My 4 year old nephew will occasionally belt out "save a horse, ride a cowboy"

It's funny to hear him try to sing "Ring of Fire" or say "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash."

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Our youngest, also 3, sings "Ring of Fire." He knows every single word to that song and loves singing it. It's funny to hear a Johnny Cash song sung in a 3 year old voice.
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Pretty sure.

Roger that. My dad radar kicks in whever I here "uck".
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

When I was 3, I set my babysitters hair on fire.

Can't remember what I said, though.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    When my younger daughter was about four, my youngest sister was getting married and she asked me to sing the Ave Maria at the wedding. So I was going around practicing it even singing it to her at bedtime. My wife goes to pick her up at pre-school at a nearby Presbyterian church and the teacher told her our daughter had sung the entire Ave Maria to them in Latin.
    Ah-vay Ma-wee-ah. I can still hear it now.
    My wife said she spent a lot of time as a kid trying to figure out who "Gladly, the cross eyed bear" was. Evidently, this is a line in a hymn they sang at church...

My 8-year old called me up at work the other day when the Johnathan Joseph story broke. She said, "Daddy, did you hear about what the Bengal did? I'm gonna go down there and kick him in the nuts!" I was too busy trying not to laugh out loud to correct her.

There is an old Ohio State song called "I Wanna Go Back to Ohio State" that we have on an OSU Marching Band CD. It has the lyric "And when we win the game we'll buy a keg of booze, and we'll drink to old Ohio 'til we wobble in our shoes". My girls have always sung it as ""And when we win the game we'll buy a kangaroo...".

Boy just told me boogers taste like chicken.
    Pots and Kettles

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Boy just told me boogers taste like chicken.
    Then what do chicken boogers taste like?

My daughter was eating chocolate covered pretzels this evening. She said,

"Dad! These are so good my head's going to pop off!"

Turn Off Ads?