Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Movies You've Seen In The Past Year

La Dolce Vita

Re: Best Movies You've Seen In The Past Year

The Proposition is a good film. I'd forgotten about that. Ray Winstone is super.
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Did you mean to post in the "worst movies this year" thread? I'm just messing with you, I was bored to tears with that movie.
    As it may have been one of only two or three movies I saw last year, it probably technically qualifies for both.

I just saw "The Departed"

It was excellent.

Incredibly violent.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Yeah, I just saw "V For Vendetta" and "The Illusionist" this past week, and really enjoyed them both.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Just watched Hollywoodland. Good movie.

I rented The Illusionist (or at least thought I did); but when I got home the clerk at the video store had a mix-up and gave me Saw III, which I have no intention of ever seeing. I was bummed. They acknowledged their mistake and will correct it. I hate slasher/torture movies. I can accept movies with violence as long as they have a good plot/storyline. Movies like Saving Private Ryan, etc.

Gonna watch Eastwood's Flags Of Our Fathers today.

I also like American Haunting. Sometimes hard to follow, but after I did some research on what the movie was about it made it better to view.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The Departed was the best movie I've seen in the last 12 months.

Loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I really liked Little Miss Sunshine, The Illusionist, and The Proposition
    My wife and I watched The Illusionist last weekend and really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 02-17-2007 at 02:44 PM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Well the best movie I've seen so far in '07 is "Breach". My wife and I saw it last night. Easily Ryan Phillippe's best performance. And Chris Cooper was great, but he's great in everything he's in. He's got to be one the best actors working. Gary Cole was in it and he was good, but I couldn't help but laugh every time he was on screen.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Just watched Hollywoodland. Good movie.

I rented The Illusionist (or at least thought I did); but when I got home the clerk at the video store had a mix-up and gave me Saw III, which I have no intention of ever seeing. I was bummed. They acknowledged their mistake and will correct it. I hate slasher/torture movies. I can accept movies with violence as long as they have a good plot/storyline. Movies like Saving Private Ryan, etc.

Gonna watch Eastwood's Flags Of Our Fathers today.

I also like American Haunting. Sometimes hard to follow, but after I did some research on what the movie was about it made it better to view.
    Finally got to see Flags - a very good movie, and simply makes me want to see Sands of Iwo Jima even more.

I saw Idiocracy a couple of days ago, a flick by Mike Judge (Office Space, Bevis and Butthead, etc.). While not the greatest flick in the world, it was rather amusing.
    Basically, it was about the most average soldier in the army (Luke Wilson) waking up 500 years in the future and finding he is - by far - the smartest man in the nation.

Really enjoyed "The Illusionist", hated "The Descent".

I'm getting "The Prestige" soon and I have high hopes for it, "Little Miss Sunshine" actually managed to sneak by me even though I really wanted to see it, reading all the comments in this thread I'll have to make a point to pick it up.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Just scrolled through this and didn't see it listed, but I saw Babel tonight. It was two and a half of the most nerve-wracking hours I've ever spent. I was not prepared for that.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The Departed was the best movie I've seen in the last 12 months.

Loved every minute of it.
    amazing film. Scorsese at his finest with an allstar cast.

Also both magic films from last year were pretty good. The one with wolverine from Xmen was better than the Ed Norton one IMO but...

Also I just saw House of Flying Daggers recently. GREAT FILM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Really enjoyed "The Illusionist", hated "The Descent".
    Have the DVD for Illusionist. My wife saw it. I fell asleep (as usual).

I actually liked the Descent, and I'm not one who is into those kind of movies. Had some scary scenes in it.

Watched The Departed last night. Good movie, but not as great, IMO, as some make it out to be.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Saw "Letters From Iwo Jima" this past Thursday. Fantastic movie, especially since "war" movies generally don't show things from the enemies point of view. I highly recommend this movie.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Just scrolled through this and didn't see it listed, but I saw Babel tonight. It was two and a half of the most nerve-wracking hours I've ever spent. I was not prepared for that.
    I mentioned it on the Oscar nomination thread a while back, saying it would probably end up winning for best pic, and had a disagreement w/ someone who disliked it immensely on the Worst Movie thread.
    Last edited by Sweetstop; 02-18-2007 at 10:50 AM.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?