Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Caravan . . . Louisville Tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm toolsy.

Winter Caravan . . . Louisville Tonight

Anyone going to the Slugger Museum tonight? The article on the oficial reds page leads me to believe that Homer Bailey may be there (2006 minor league player of the year).

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Re: Winter Caravan . . . Louisville Tonight

I'm going to go check it out. Get a few auto's. So it's going to be Bailey, BP and Sabo as the main guys. Along with Marty, Narron and some front office people? Not sure what to get signed. I think I'll check online and print out a few pictures. I went last year there. It was packed for the first hour or so, then it died down and there was no wait. See if they have any good deals on bats in the gift shop.

I'm toolsy.

Well, when I first posted this earlier today, I thought I was going, but now it seems that chances are slim. Are there vendors there selling Reds gear? I'd like to get a Bailey autograph.

Last year no, on the Reds selling stuff there. They had sales people there passing info on tickets and some local sponsors giving away stuff. Best to bring your own stuff to get signed. Otherwise it's kind of a waste. Unless you want them to sign a season ticket pamphlet.

It was pretty packed tonight. Homer was the star of the show. Good thing he can sign fast. He was at a table with Marty. At times Marty looked pretty bored. Homer was getting all the attention. Marty was very nice when I did talk with him, even signed his HOF 2000. He was very good with the kids. Phillips was very talkative. His line with Wayne was very slow. BP took time with everyone, seems like a great guy. He was last one still signing at the end. Anyone else go?

Sounds like it would have been a neat event. To bad I live to far away.
    Chris Sabo is my All-Time favorite Red

How was it set up? Like different lines for the players like RedsFest or how did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    How was it set up? Like different lines for the players like RedsFest or how did it work?
    They had seperate lines for each table. They would sign anything you wanted. I know for Homer they wanted a one item per person. But I saw a guy in front of me spread out 6 baseball cards for him to sign. Homer didn't look very happy about it , but signed all six for him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    They had seperate lines for each table. They would sign anything you wanted. I know for Homer they wanted a one item per person. But I saw a guy in front of me spread out 6 baseball cards for him to sign. Homer didn't look very happy about it , but signed all six for him anyways.
    Was there enough time to get through all of the lines or did you have to pick and choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    Was there enough time to get through all of the lines or did you have to pick and choose?
    It wasn't a problem getting through all the lines. Homer was a very quick signer. He had the longest lines, but they moved real quick. Phillips line was the slowest, just because he chatted it up with everyone. I don't think anyone left without getting what they wanted.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Sounds like the southern leg of the caravan is the one to be at...no offense to the northern leg, which I attended Thursday, but when Todd Coffey is the main draw..well, you get my drift....call me crazy---of course---but I may just make a little weekend trek to a southern leg site---Huntington WV perhaps....

Will they sign things you bring, like balls and such....or do they sign a preprinted sheet they hand out?

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    Will they sign things you bring, like balls and such....or do they sign a preprinted sheet they hand out?
    Either one. In past years they've signed both but in Columbus they seemed to be enforcing the 1 item per person rule.

Hey, If I take my video camera will they let me vid?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I was at the stop in Lima tonight and while I wish we could have gotten Homer or Phillips are way it was still nice. I was fine with Thom Brennamen getting hired but after tonight I am really excited that he has joined on with the Reds. I am not a fan of his fathers, but Thom seems like he will be very refreshing. One more thing, while I find it hard to like Jerry Narron as a manager, I find it even harder to not like him as a person.

Turn Off Ads?