Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our defense as a whole

Re: Our defense as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    IMO the 2006 version of Griffey:

weak in the field. even in RF in 2007 he will be below average. in CF in 2006 he was terrible.

swings for a HR every time up. look at his walk rate in 2006 compared to earlier in his career.

is basically a platoon player. i believe he hit under .200 vs lefties last year.

i can't imagine the 2009 version of Griffey being a guy we want starting for the Reds.

2006 numbers vs lefties:

147 abs
    .204 average
    9 homeruns
    29 rbi
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

i also looked up his career numbers. outside of last season his OB and slugging aren't that far off of his career averages. if he has another season like 2006 then i think 2008 should be his last season in the bigs. to griffey's credit we can sleep each night believing he hasn't done steroids compared to other players.

also IMO it wouldn't hurt him to get more rest when we play lefties. he'll get plenty abs vs righties all season and can save his legs a couple games a week allowing freel to play.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

OT: Check out that chick in the first pic of Freel. You know the one I'm talking about
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    In 2009, the REDS can be free of his handicap for $4M or be further handcuffed as Junior tries to struggle hitting .230 with no walks for $16M.
    By 2009, 16 million for a bench player will be a bargain.

Turn Off Ads?