Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: TV schedule

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member icehole3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    3,109

    TV schedule

    has it come out yet? Also does anyone know when pitchers and catchers report?

  2. #2
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545

    Re: TV schedule

    The TV schedule is not out yet. They usually release it around the beginning of February.

    Pitchers and catchers report on February 17th and the rest of the players report on the 21st.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,639

    Re: TV schedule

    If I had to guess, the only games that won't be televised will be weekday afternoon games. Remember, FSN Ohio is going to a 145 game schedule this year. They've never covered weekday afternoon games so I don't imagine this year will be any different...that's probably where the other 17 games will come from.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

  4. #4
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545

    Re: TV schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    If I had to guess, the only games that won't be televised will be weekday afternoon games. Remember, FSN Ohio is going to a 145 game schedule this year. They've never covered weekday afternoon games so I don't imagine this year will be any different...that's probably where the other 17 games will come from.
    Weekdays and Saturday afternoons will probably be the ones. This year Fox is showing games every Saturday and they will have an exclusive on Saturday afternoons so if we have games on Saturdays those may not be on either unless Fox shows them.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Albion, IN
    Posts
    44

    Re: TV schedule

    Does anyone know if FSN Midwest will simulcast games again this year as they did last year??

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,639

    Re: TV schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Weekdays and Saturday afternoons will probably be the ones. This year Fox is showing games every Saturday and they will have an exclusive on Saturday afternoons so if we have games on Saturdays those may not be on either unless Fox shows them.
    The Reds only play two Saturday afternoon games all year. One is against the Cubs in April and that is a 1:00 Cincinnati start time so you'd have to figure that's a Fox network game. The other is the wierd 3:55 start time.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

  7. #7
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545

    Re: TV schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    The Reds only play two Saturday afternoon games all year. One is against the Cubs in April and that is a 1:00 Cincinnati start time so you'd have to figure that's a Fox network game. The other is the wierd 3:55 start time.
    That 3:55 game is a Fox game. So that will be televised.

  8. #8
    redsgabp
    Guest

    Re: TV schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    The Reds only play two Saturday afternoon games all year. One is against the Cubs in April and that is a 1:00 Cincinnati start time so you'd have to figure that's a Fox network game. The other is the wierd 3:55 start time.
    last year the reds saturday night games started at 6:00 or 6:30 cant remember the exact time.

    any game that started before 7:00 FSN ohio couldn't carry.

    so with most of the reds saturday games starting at a normal 7:10 start time (fsn could have a good number of saturday games on the tv schedule)

    and with our market there is always the chance that you can catch a reds cubs game or reds braves game on WGN or TBS if fsn ohio doesnt carry it.
    Last edited by redsgabp; 02-04-2007 at 01:21 PM.

  9. #9
    Reds2006champs
    Guest

    Re: TV schedule

    Does anyone know if Extra Innings will still be available for Dish Network subscribers? I know they were saying they were going to one package.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    177

    Re: TV schedule

    Any news on the schedule?
    I would also like to know about FSN Midwest

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    246

    Re: TV schedule

    Does anyone know if I will be able to watch the Reds in the Ft. Wayne, IN area? My wife and I will be moving there once we get our house sold in Ohio, and I am concerened that I will not get them on TV, and will be blacked out from watching them on the extra innings package.

  12. #12
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: TV schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by DJF33 View Post
    Does anyone know if I will be able to watch the Reds in the Ft. Wayne, IN area? My wife and I will be moving there once we get our house sold in Ohio, and I am concerened that I will not get them on TV, and will be blacked out from watching them on the extra innings package.
    http://www.connectutilities.com/dire...&MarketID=2760

    Looks like Comcast is the local provider in Fort Wayne. Check out this link, DJF, and see if it gives you a channel lineup.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  13. #13
    Old Red Guard Reject
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Re: TV schedule

    Any word on HD? I have yet to see the Reds in HD due to ESPN blackouts.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    34

    Re: TV schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Any word on HD? I have yet to see the Reds in HD due to ESPN blackouts.
    The Blue Jackets and Cavaliers are in HD this year, so I just assumed the Reds would be too.

    Not having to worry about Indians coverage on FSN is great, so I see no reason why they wouldn't show all of the FSN games in HD this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,639

    Re: TV schedule

    Makes no difference to me because FSN isn't offered in HD on Time Warner.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25