Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN.com article today

ESPN.com article today

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...t&lid=tab1pos1

I was litereally stunned when I read this. I mean the kid is no saint but what high school kid is. Somebody needs to take care of this real quick.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Re: ESPN.com article today

How many of us would be in prision if it was found out what we did with girls while we were in High School in Georgia????
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Wow. For anyone who thinks the government is the answer to most problems, this should be further proof that said notion is wrong.

What a waste. He made some some really dumb choices, but what a total load that he's in the clink for 10 years.

BTW - Does anybody else find his new lawyer's name somewhat ironic?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

This story is so depressing it actually pisses me off. It's just hard to fathom how anything can be that ass backwards. It's beyond comprehensation. Not knowing him, I still wish I could do something to get him out of prison.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    BTW - Does anybody else find his new lawyer's name somewhat ironic?
    Yea, I saw that too....she should probably go by her first or middle name for this case.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Sad...very sad...and troubling. Hopefully all the publicity will get this straightened out, and this guy can go on with his life. Are the laws made for the people or are the people made for the laws?

I read that earlier today and was pretty upset for a few hours. I called my buddy who is in law school about it and they went over it in school today. He said his professor was going nuts about how ridiculous the case was.

That's really sad. I mean I'm about his age and even though he made mistakes it's terrible he can get locked up for something like that when after all Chris Henry has done he gets locked up for 2 days. Even when he gets out he'll have it rough because he will be a 30 year old with no college, no people skills, and probably a bleak future.

The justice system is usually decently fair but this guy shows the very bad side that can sometimes happen. Hopefully this publicity can at least get some people talking about his case more and maybe get him paroled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Wow. For anyone who thinks the government is the answer to most problems, this should be further proof that said notion is wrong.
    What an absolutely preposterous conclusion to reach from reading that article.

The problem is that Georgia has moronic outdated laws regarding sex and that the DA is a complete jerk and an embarassment to his profession.

How you extrapolate that into a condemnation of American government I have no idea. Just utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post

The problem is that Georgia has moronic outdated laws regarding sex and that the DA is a complete jerk and an embarassment to his profession.

How you extrapolate that into a condemnation of American government I have no idea. Just utter nonsense.
    Without getting into politics, I think what LtLabner was saying is that in general the government is held hostage by what pieces of paper say. Common sense occasionally gets tossed out the window because people are bound by occasionally outdated, and all to cumbersome, laws. Because the nature of the courts and the other government agencies, is defined by the letter of the law, occasionally we get this. A perfect example of this is anytime you go to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, they are extremely difficult to deal with because they are bound by protocol and procedure. Without it they would be a total wreck, instead they are a sterile, unfriendly, and a general pain in the butt. I could see this particular case having traction with the ACLU to move it up the appeals chain fairly quickly.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

This article made me angry as well. I can't remember a news story that has made me more mad in a long, long time...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post

And laws come from where? They are writen by the legislature. And the legislature makes up 1/3 of what we like to call......the government (At least on the state and federal levels)

And what group of people tried to fix said outdated law to help the kid out yet screwed it up so he still wouldn't be released from jail...the government.

That was the point. Governement, whether local, state or federal often times screws things up more than they get it right when they proport to "be helping people".

But the far more important part of the article is that this poor kid is getting screwed royally and punished far beyond the severity of the crime.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 01-26-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Good news for this kid. His sentence has been voided and reduced to time served. However, the Georgia Attorney General's office is appealing the decision so he may not go free.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070611/.../teen_sex_case
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Good news for this kid. His sentence has been voided and reduced to time served. However, the Georgia Attorney General's office is appealing the decision so he may not go free.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070611/.../teen_sex_case
    Well, the kid is a menace to society. We need him to be mentored by lesser criminals like AJ Nicholson or Chris Henry to show him which path to take...

What an idiotic AG.... Just let it go.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Just when I thought some of the child molestation laws were ridiculous, this story comes along.

Where is common sense when you need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?