Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry goes to jail

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Henry goes to jail

Sure, he has his moments....but overall, he looks like a rather talented wide reciever to me.
    I think he's pretty good, personally. He does seem to drop some balls, too.

For me, if we cut him it should be because he sucks, not because he's good but drinks while he drives.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I think he's pretty good, personally. He does seem to drop some balls, too.

For me, if we cut him it should be because he sucks, not because he's good but drinks while he drives.
    The NFLPA won't let the Bengals cut him because of his problems....he has to lose his job because of football reasons...so they say.

I don't think Chris Henry was the reason the Bengals missed the playoffs. Was he a contributing factor? Yes. But, I don't think he was the main reason. He was one of many.

He is very talented. He's like a poor man's Randy Moss. Very gifted but not the total package due to personal problems. I definitely want him to keep playing for the Bengals, I just hope he grows up quickly.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Anybody catch this blurb?

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...OL05/301260037

Brown said players now have a designated driver number they can call for a ride anytime.

They’ve been warned that the DUI limit of .08 blood alcohol is surprisingly easy to violate. And they’ve been told that celebrities make good targets for DUI stops because they bring attention and headlines to drunk driving.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Well that's good, because I'm sure they were all drinking and driving because they just couldn't find a cab.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

They should take the responsibility themselves...us regular joe's have to...they can afford it.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    ... He's like a poor man's Randy Moss. ...
    I find that to be the most accurate assessment of Chris Henry, he's one step below Randy Moss on the field and off the field. He's actually a much better player than 90% of the 3rd receivers in the league. but to be one step below Randy moss off the field is pretty scary.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    He's actually a much better player than 90% of the 3rd receivers in the league.
    Which is why even if the Bengals don't, there will be others willing to give him more chances. In general, talent trumps character around the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Which is why even if the Bengals don't, there will be others willing to give him more chances. In general, talent trumps character around the NFL.
    And every other sport.

Okay, my wife just forwarded this to me:

Bengal's Out of Playoffs - Police on Alert

1. What do you call a drug ring in Cincinnati? A huddle.

2. Four Cincinnati Bengal's in a car, who's driving? The police.

3. Why can't Chris Henry get into a huddle on the field anymore? It is a parole violation for him to associate with known felons.

4. The Cincinnati newspapers reported yesterday that Paul Brown Stadium is going to take out the artificial turf because the Bengal's "play better on grass."

5. Coach Marvin Lewis has adopted a new "Honor System" for his players - "Yes your Honor, No your Honor".

6. The Bengal's had a 9 and 5 season this year: 9 arrests (literally), 5 convictions.

7. The Bengal's knew they had to do something for their defense, but they couldn't get the defensive coordinator they really wanted: Johnny Cochran

8. How do the Bengal's spend their first week at mini-camp? Studying their Miranda Rights.

Looks like someone took a mid90s joke book and replaced Cowboys with Bengals.

Turn Off Ads?