Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Hollandsworth

Todd Hollandsworth

Anybody think the Reds could possibly sign him to a minor league deal and invite him to spring training?

If you look at the roster, the Reds could use a lefthanded bat coming off the bench especially if the Reds go with two catchers. That would limit Valentin somewhat as a pinch hitter. Hollandsworth can play all the outfield positions and could be insurance in case Denorifa and Hopper struggle in spring training.

Opinions?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Hollandsworth

I would rather give a chance to Hamilton. I think signing TH would give him the squeeze in the OF. Give him a chance without someone breathing down his neck to replace him. If he fails, it won't be hard to get a Hollandsworth type bat in there.

Been there, done that.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Been there, done that.
    ..and wasn't here long enough to get the t-shirt.

Pass. But thanks for asking.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Didn't Philly already sign him to a contract?

This is the latest Rotoworld has on him.

The Phillies have offered free agent Todd Hollandsworth a minor league contract.

Hollandsworth, who hit .246/.275/.429 in 224 at-bats for the Indians and Reds last season, continues to hold out for a major league deal.

Please don't sign Todd Hollandsworth.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    I would rather give a chance to Hamilton. I think signing TH would give him the squeeze in the OF. Give him a chance without someone breathing down his neck to replace him. If he fails, it won't be hard to get a Hollandsworth type bat in there.

i think thats what the reds have in mind as well.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Assuming the Reds carry 11 pitchers and 2 catchers, there will be 5 open bench spots outside of Valentin. I'm assuming that Castro, Denorfia, and Conine have pretty much locked up 3 of those 5 slots. That leaves Keppinger and Bellhorn to fight for slot #4, and Hamilton and Hopper for #5. I've always liked Todd Hollandsworth, but I'd rather see Hamilton stick on this team.

I really like a Valentin, Conine, Bellhorn, Castro, Denorfia & Hamilton bench.

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23 View Post

If for no other reason, it's different than what we're used to. I kinda like that bench too.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23 View Post
    Assumming Votto Tears up Triple A...

That bench becomes..

Hatteberg, Valentine, Conine, Castro Denorfia & Hamiliton.

A even better bench.

I dont see Bellhorn making that much of a impact.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

My only problem is having a young hitter like Hamilton sitting on the bench everyday.

What else are you going to do with Josh Hamilton? You can't really start him. What else are you going to do but cut him loose? Assuming you don't want to trade for his rights.
    Last edited by Z-Fly; 01-26-2007 at 11:14 PM.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

The only thing Hollandsworth did for us last year was make a nice diving catch (I believe it was in extra innings when the game was on the line). Stay away...stay FAR away.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    What else are you going to do with Josh Hamilton? You can't really start him. What else are you going to do but cut him loose? Assuming you don't want to trade for his rights.
    Remember the Devil Rays owe us a player for Brenden Harris.

Turn Off Ads?