Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Brands

Re: Your Favorite Brands

Coke
    Nike
    Levis
    Gap
    Comedy Central (although "Blue Collar TV" really tested that loyalty)
    Adult Swim
    Marvel Comics
    Dunkin Donuts
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 01-29-2007 at 10:04 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

crest toothpaste
    burt and his bees
    old navy
    cottonelle tp
    bath and bodyworks
    shiner beers
    wolf brand chili
    bluebell ice cream
    all free and clear
    downy
    clinique lip gloss
    mabelline mascara

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Comedy Central (although "Blue Collar TV" really tested that loyalty)
    Don't call him "tater salad."

I am not really brand-loyal, but I do have a few that I have used for a minimum of 15 years:

ASICS running shoes
    James Keiller and Son marmalade
    Holtkotter lighting
    Select Sport Soccer balls

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Zegna uses wonderful materials for their ties, but I have found that for Italian conservatively styled men's ties, Brioni is preferable.
    Personally, I end up buying mostly Brooks Bros. ties - on one of their frequent markdown sales. They're not as nice as the Zegna and Brioni ties, but they're more durable, in my opinion, and they're heavier - and Dad wore 'em, so you know how they'll look when they (and you) get older.
    Nothing wrong with Brioni, either. Or Armani.

For whatever reason, Zegna just has lots of styles I like. They do make some funky stuff that I steer clear from. They used to make a line called Napoli Couture that featured ultra-heavyweight hand-stitched ties. There isn't a better tie available. Thick, gorgeous and hand sewn. The trick is finding one for under the $189 retail some of them had. ebay has been terrific for that but they are few and far between.

I don't like conservative ties but I also don't like funky ones. Versace makes some of the most tacky, gawdy ties ever put on this earth.

I also like Daniel Cremieux dress shirts and even their suits aren't too bad. They are really nice, especially for Dillard's.

Speaking of Dillard's: I went to their semi-annual sale where they had 50% off a lot of their suits but not all of them. As I'm going through their selection, I picked out 4 or 5 in a row that I just loved but none were on sale - and every single one was a Hugo Boss. Geesh, I have expensive taste, I guess. I left them hanging, though, in favor of the ones on big sale.

My father used to tease me every week by saying, "Guess what cereal you're getting this week? Whatever's on sale!!!" I guess it stuck.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 01-30-2007 at 12:54 AM.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Don't call him "tater salad."
    Ron White was the only redeeming factor of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. He was noticably absent from the godawful TV series.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Life cereal
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Life cereal
    I'm a Cheerios man.

I have very few brand loyalties.

Jeep and Honda (Odd combo, I know.)
    Born Shoes
    Eddie Bauer

My wife has some, but I don't know what they are.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Converse Chuck Taylors

Have you seen the slip-ons w/ eyelets but no laces? My daughter gave her husband, who wears Chuck Taylors religiously, a black pair for Christmas, and they were way cool.

Not a brand name person, generally. I look for quality and/or the best buy available.

Off the top of my head, I prefer Newcastle Ale, Dove dark chocolates, Graeter's Ice Cream, Newman's Own store-bought dressings, Neutrogena and Aveda products.
    teach tolerance.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I honestly can't think of a single brand that I buy just because it's the brand name.

All I can really say is that there are some things that you can buy generic (such as cleaning products, breakfast cereal, soda, or office supplies) and some you can't (non-underwear clothing, shoes, sporting goods).

Coca Cola
    Sony TV
    Bose speakers
    Colgate Total toothpaste
    Lacoste polo shirts
    Merrell boots
    iPod
    Simply Orange orange juice
    Quaker Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal
    Nike
    Rawlings baseball gloves
    Mizuno catchers mitts
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Chevy
    Gibson Guitars
    Luigi's Pizza in Hilliard, Ohio
    Fender Amps
    Adidas tennis shoes
    Hot Topic Classic Rock 'N' Roll T-Shirts
    Let's make some noise!

Yamaha Pacifica 812W Guitars (No Longer Produced )
    Washburn N-4 (Padauk Wood Finish) guitars
    Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard (I'm a poor musician) Les Pauls
    ADA Pre-Amps
    Digitech Effects
    Always was partial to Laney Amplifiers, but not necessarily my favorite brand.

With the Yamaha 812W's and, for that matter, the 604W's, I always enjoyed the Wilkinson VS100 bridges with the Sperzel locking tuners.

With the exception of the Yamaha, my stuff was obtained "gently used" from friends who had to have the newest or hip stuff that was out at the time. I guess you could call it factory seconds.
    The only other guitar I owned that could be considered brand new was a Warmoth that I built myself using all new parts.
    Last edited by dman; 01-30-2007 at 10:32 PM.

I went shopping today (it's, you know, Saturday) and I was reminded of this thread regarding something...there is one thing, one thing on earth, that I will shell out big bucks for every time. And it is designer jeans. It's not totally related to this thread, because I'm not loyal to a particular brand (although I do love my beloved Sevens), but I feel that it is in the sense of it being something I could get away with spending a lot less money on and don't.

I spend a lot of money on a pair of jeans today. A lot. But I have not bought a pair of jeans in almost three years. And it was so beyond worth it. I never believed it before I was convinced to do it...and I wanted to share this with all of you, because I'm telling you, once you do it, your life will never be the same. Designer jeans ARE different: they're better-constructed, they last longer, they feel like a dream, and they come alive on a human body as opposed to trying to keep up with it. They are worth their weight in gold.

I suppose that in a sense it depends on your personal shape. I am a girl, and I gravitate toward clothes that realize that: it takes a lot to pull me away from my beloved dresses. A pair of designer jeans can do this, with relish, not just for all the reasons above but for one other crucial thing. I'm light on junk in the trunk, so to speak. It's one reason I secretly want to be Beyonce (or, far better yet, SHAKIRA). And good jeans -- you will not believe this -- they give me junk. I don't know how they do it. It's not like certain pretty dresses, which give the illusion of junk. Certain jeans actually make it materialize. After a junk-free life, the realization that this can happen was like almost no other. And I'm telling you people, if you find good jeans, they can take care of other issues like this too. It is life-changing.

So that's one thing I spend money on and, although I always feel slightly guilty due to the sheer cost, in the end it always proves a long-lasting, soul-fulfilling investment.

This message was brought to you by Saturday happy hour, as well as the delirium brought on by my new designer duds.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    This message was brought to you by Saturday happy hour, as well as the delirium brought on by my new designer duds.
    have one for me!

Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?