Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 52 of 52

Thread: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

  1. #46
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Perhaps it is my imagination, but it seems that on-field sports officials are more and more attempting to grab attention for themselves, rather than simply umpiring and reffing the game.
    Perhaps this is out of jealousy, want for attention, or whatnot, but it is yet another disturbing trend.
    Methinks once OJ gets his NBA contract, Mike Lazo will be the first in line for legal action.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

    Huntington High just suffered the first loss of the season, 72-68 against Scott County.

    Think the Mayo hoopla has taken a toll?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #48
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,821

    Re: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Huntington High just suffered the first loss of the season, 72-68 against Scott County.

    Think the Mayo hoopla has taken a toll?
    Possibly, but it is hard to go undefeated. Mayo was quoted in this morning's Herald-Dispatch as follows:
    "I told the guys you don't come to Kentucky and play the No. 1 team in the state and not bring your "A" game. They were poised and well-coached, and those boys played a real good game tonight. They were the better team tonight."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  5. #49
    La Dolce Vita
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,764

    Re: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Possibly, but it is hard to go undefeated. Mayo was quoted in this morning's Herald-Dispatch as follows:
    "I told the guys you don't come to Kentucky and play the No. 1 team in the state and not bring your "A" game. They were poised and well-coached, and those boys played a real good game tonight. They were the better team tonight."


    Go Cardinals!
    teach tolerance.

  6. #50
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

    Bumpdate.

    Huntington High beat Scott Co last night 67-63 in the rematch at the Vet last night without OJ.

    The big news is that Huntington will be playing Capital in the MSAC title game in Charleston on Monday night at 8 PM. This is also OJs first game back and ironically against the same team in the same venue.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  7. #51
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,821

    Re: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Bumpdate.

    Huntington High beat Scott Co last night 67-63 in the rematch at the Vet last night without OJ.

    The big news is that Huntington will be playing Capital in the MSAC title game in Charleston on Monday night at 8 PM. This is also OJs first game back and ironically against the same team in the same venue.
    I wonder if the game will have the same referees.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  8. #52
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: OJ Mayo ejected, "knocks down" ref

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I wonder if the game will have the same referees.
    I'll bet one referee is "falling all over himself" to officiate the game!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25