Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Marlins in Dayton

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Reds Marlins in Dayton

Was just told that the game is sold out. I signed up for the waiting list back when the game was announced but never heard anything. I called today and they told me that my name wasn't on the list. What a joke. Anyone get tickets, I live about five minutes from the ballpark but can never get tickets. If anyone has any ideas I was going to take my son who is 16 months old. I don't have the guts to try to take him all the way to Cinci yet, he'd be in a really bad mood by the fifth inning after the hour drive.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Reds Marlins in Dayton

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Was just told that the game is sold out. I signed up for the waiting list back when the game was announced but never heard anything. I called today and they told me that my name wasn't on the list. What a joke. Anyone get tickets, I live about five minutes from the ballpark but can never get tickets. If anyone has any ideas I was going to take my son who is 16 months old. I don't have the guts to try to take him all the way to Cinci yet, he'd be in a really bad mood by the fifth inning after the hour drive.
    It might be hard to come by tickets for that specific game.

If you go to a WEEKDAY game and stand outside the front gate you have a realistic chance that someone will just hand you tickets for nothing. I have seen it happen quite a bit.

I've not looked at stubhub or craigslist to see if I can find Dayton tickets, but I wouldn't doubt that you could. Weekend games are always packed, but weekday games often have several hundred seats open, especially later in the season.

If nothing else I'd doubt you'd pay more than face value to get into the games using this method. I see people selling tickets at a good percentage of the games.

GL

The secret to getting good tickets at a Dragons game:

Go to the ticket window at 6:15 for a 7pm game. There will be good seats available (like a few rows behind the dugout and around there). They are tickets that are not taken by families or friends of the players. There are about 45-50 tickets a game available and they usually sell them all by game time. I worked in the box office for 2 years, so I know.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post

Go to the ticket window at 6:15 for a 7pm game. There will be good seats available (like a few rows behind the dugout and around there). They are tickets that are not taken by families or friends of the players. There are about 45-50 tickets a game available and they usually sell them all by game time. I worked in the box office for 2 years, so I know.
    That is very awesome, helpful advice. Thank you very much for sharing this. I might take advantage of this several times in '07
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I passed on my season ticket opportunity for the Reds/Marlins game. I didn't feel like paying $30/ticket for an exhibition game.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I passed on my season ticket opportunity for the Reds/Marlins game. I didn't feel like paying $30/ticket for an exhibition game.
    So, if the Reds can't afford to pick up that pitcher for the stretch run, we know who to blame... :

Actually, I don't blame you one bit. That is pretty steep.

True story about going to the box office for good tickets. My friends and I have done that in Columbus for Clippers games several times. One time last year we went on the night where all grandstand seats were $5 and waited by the window and got 5th row tickets behind the plate (game against Louisville).

As for getting tickets to Dragons games, you can usually get free tickets if you have a little luck, pay face if you aren't lucky. If you wait outside of the gates frequently people have extra season tickets they aren't using and will many times just give them to you or charge you very little. My friends and I did that all the time in high school.

The Reds exhibition game is a tough ticket. I was hopeful I might get tickets through a friend that is a season ticket holder but I haven't heard anything else about it so I'm not sure. But it really isn't worth it to pay $30 when you can drive an hour, pay $5 and probably sneak into closer seats anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post

Does that work for weekend games too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

OK - I just called the box office. The guy I talked too told me that his manager informed him that nobody on the wait list got tickets. The season ticket holders, who had first choice, bought all the tickets.

Made me feel a lot better, because I was ready to read someone the riot act when I first saw this post.

I hope the game gets snowed out. :
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Does that work for weekend games too?
    Yup. Might be more difficult because there are fewer tickets available after the family tickets. More family comes on the weekend. I would call down there first before you go. Just ask if they will be getting more tix around 6pm (or 1pm on Sundays). They will probably say yes.

Turn Off Ads?