Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Granny and Great Granny on crack!

Granny and Great Granny on crack!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248793,00.html

Wow..a grandmother at 32 and a great grandmother at 47. Only in America do you have to have a license to bulid a garage next to your house but a license is not required to breed. The cycle continues.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Granny and Great Granny on crack!

The bigger story is that the grandma is only 32, and the great-grandma is only 47. Geez!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Wow - that is so very sad. Poor kid is not even being given a fighting chance.

In a somewhat similar vein, last Sunday I helped my wife's uncle deliver a mattress he was getting rid of to a family in need of one. He said the family had shwon up to a charity dinner his church had given and somehow word had gotten out that they needed a mattress because they were sleeping on box springs.

Well just so happened, my wife's uncle was getting a new mattress, so he said he could bring his old one to them. He called me to help with the delivery, and I was glad to oblige. The familiy lived in a trailer park residence, which in and of itself was not a cause in my sheltered world for concern, as I have known several people over the years to have lived in these places and not come across anything remotely alarming.

But this time was different. The guy appeared at the window when we knocked and gave us the "just a minute" sign. We heard dog barking so figured he was going to somehow secure the critter. This was not that case, as after a few minutes he opened the door and the dog was the 1st one to greet us. The dog was skinny as a toothpick and had all kinds of bare patches on his body.

The place stunk something fierce and you could barely walk for all the junk scattered about. This wasn't just clutter, it was trash. There was an ashtray filled with what seemed to be hundreds of cigarette butts, empty Mountain Dew bottles on the floor, and assorted trash piled up beyond description. It was as if someone took a front-end loader from a dumpster and emptied the load in this house.

The wife was there as well as 2 young boys somewhere between 4 and 8. My only reason for lacking in details at this point is that I think my mind went into shutdown mode almost immediately. I just did not want to take in any more, especially knowing now that there were 2 kids being raised like this. I will say that they were very cordial, and I had absolutely no indication good/bad/otherwise about how they treated the kids, but it was just so sad that they did not even seem to be trying. I can't imagine the disadvantage these poor kids are at given this upbringing.

I know there are many extremely poor people in every part of the country, but I just had not witnessed this extreme so close to home (a 5 minute drive from my house). The saddest part to me was more how they did not seem to be even trying or caring on behalf of the kids.

My wife's uncle is probably the nicest and most down-to-earth person I know well. I could sense in him the same thing I believe I felt - just an incredibly uncomfortable feeling and the urge to get out of there asap. We quickly loosened the ratchet straps that were securing the tarp covering the mattress and asked them where they wanted the mattress. The man insisted we leave it right there, standing upright, in the "living room". I honestly am not sure how we could have managed to move it anywhere else anyways. We hastened out of there after that - with everything kind of a blur to me at this point.

I am not sure of the point in posting this for me other than to "talk about it". And this article about the poor girl and her drug-addled family just sorta brought it out. Apologies I believe are in order from me for potentially taking this thread beyond original intentions, but like I said, that news story just brought this experience rushing to the surface for me...
    Last edited by bucksfan; 01-31-2007 at 03:42 PM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    Wow - that is so very sad. Poor kid is not even being given a fighting chance.

In a somewhat similar vein, last Sunday I helped my wife's uncle deliver a mattress he was getting rid of to a family in need of one. He said the family had shwon up to a charity dinner his church had given and somehow word had gotten out that they needed a mattress because they were sleeping on box springs.

Well just so happened, my wife's uncle was getting a new mattress, so he said he could bring his old one to them. He called me to help with the delivery, and I was glad to oblige. The familiy lived in a trailer park residence, which in and of itself was not a cause in my sheltered world for concern, as I have known several people over the years to have lived in these places and not come across anything remotely alarming.

But this time was different. The guy appeared at the window when we knocked and gave us the "just a minute" sign. We heard dog barking so figured he was going to somehow secure the critter. This was not that case, as after a few minutes he opened the door and the dog was the 1st one to greet us. The dog was skinny as a toothpick and had all kinds of bare patches on his body.

The place stunk something fierce and you could barely walk for all the junk scattered about. This wasn't just clutter, it was trash. There was an ashtray filled with what seemed to be hundreds of cigarette butts, empty Mountain Dew bottles on the floor, and assorted trash piled up beyond description. It was as if someone took a front-end loader from a dumpster and emptied the load in this house.

The wife was there as well as 2 young boys somewhere between 4 and 8. My only reason for lacking in details at this point is that I think my mind went into shutdown mode almost immediately. I just did not want to take in any more, especially knowing now that there were 2 kids being raised like this. I will say that they were very cordial, and I had absolutely no indication good/bad/otherwise about how they treated the kids, but it was just so sad that they did not even seem to be trying. I can't imagine the disadvantage these poor kids are at given this upbringing.

I know there are many extremely poor people in every part of the country, but I just had not witnessed this extreme so close to home (a 5 minute drive from my house). The saddest part to me was more how they did not seem to be even trying or caring on behalf of the kids.

My wife's uncle is probably the nicest and most down-to-earth person I know well. I could sense in him the same thing I believe I felt - just an incredibly uncomfortable feeling and the urge to get out of there asap. We quickly loosened the ratchet straps that were securing the tarp covering the mattress and asked them where they wanted the mattress. The man insisted we leave it right there, standing upright, in the "living room". I honestly am not sure how we could have managed to move it anywhere else anyways. We hastened out of there after that - with everything kind of a blur to me at this point.

I am not sure of the point in posting this for me other than to "talk about it". And this article about the poor girl and her drug-addled family just sorta brought it out. Apologies I believe are in order from me for potentially taking this thread beyond original intentions, but like I said, that news story just brought this experience rushing to the surface for me...
    You should call social services, those kids do not deserve to live like that. If you won't help those kids, who will? GET INVOLVED...don't turn a blind eye. Too many of us in America do this and the kids are the ones who suffer. You don't have to give your name. Just call the local social services and say you gave them a mattress and entered the house and it was a dump with garbage all around. By law they have to check it out. Those "parents" are drawing welfare off of those two kids and making the kids live in a nasty house.

My mothers father died when she was 8, and was raised before their was welfare by my grandmother. She had 2 jobs...7-4, 5-8pm 6 days a week.
    My grandmother said to me a thousand times..."just because your poor does not have to mean you have to be dirty.....poor does not equal dirty."

It now says the grandmother and great grandmother were 42 and 57. Not much difference admittedly, but then FoxNews ain't gonna break their backs for the truth.

Honestly, if I'm sterilizing anyone in this country, it's the management of FoxNews.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It now says the grandmother and great grandmother were 42 and 57. Not much difference admittedly, but then FoxNews ain't gonna break their backs for the truth.

Honestly, if I'm sterilizing anyone in this country, it's the management of FoxNews.
    School's out. What did you expect?

My gramma was a gramma at 42. Of a newborn, not a ten-year-old, but still.

I absolutely loved having a young grandmother while I was growing up. She's a retired astrologer with something of a new-age streak and a severe (severe) flair for the dramatic. The minute neon became popular, she bought a tri-colored neon bathing suit with a zipper up the front, and she would take us to the pool in it. She was quite different from all of the other grammas. She was also (and still is) one of the funniest people on the planet, second perhaps only to my grandfather. And quite an extraordinary woman overall.

Anyway. Young grandmothers can rule xcore; age alone isn't a sign of anything insane. My gramma never gave me crack.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

They were 32 and 47 when the baby was born..the child is now 10.

For a Level Playing Field

Not much difference admittedly, but then FoxNews ain't gonna break their backs for the truth.

I am sure Dan Rather and CBS news would agree with you. Let THE TRUTH be told. Of course this story is much more important than other stories...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This just in....Granny and great granny are sisters!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if she's a GILF.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I wonder if she's a GILF.
    easy there Skwisgaar.:
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

My little sis became a granny last year in September (at age 43 - she would turn 44 in December). Wasn't Loretta Lynn a mom in her teens and a grandmother in her 30s???

On the other end... both grandmothers had children in their 40s. Maternal: age 41 and Paternal: age 45. My oldest sister had her youngest at age 42.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    easy there Skwisgaar.:
    I wasn't thinking of that, but I actually get that reference.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    My little sis became a granny last year in September (at age 43 - she would turn 44 in December). Wasn't Loretta Lynn a mom in her teens and a grandmother in her 30s???

On the other end... both grandmothers had children in their 40s. Maternal: age 41 and Paternal: age 45. My oldest sister had her youngest at age 42.
    If you had a kid at 21 and they had a kid at 21, then you are 42...no big deal.
    Loretta Lynn was married at 13 and had her first child at 15 I think.

Turn Off Ads?