Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harang time-table

Harang time-table

This is supposed to be decided today correct? He should have his arbitration hearing scheduled today I believe, then we can have an official countdown to see if the Reds are idiots or not.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Harang time-table

too me, if Krivsky doesn't sign Harang to a long term contract before arbitration, he's worst than Jim Bowden

Hearings are scheduled to start today and run through the 1st three weeks, but I don't see when Harang's hearing is scheduled.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    too me, if Krivsky doesn't sign Harang to a long term contract before arbitration, he's worst than Jim Bowden
    Maybe Harang's agent doesn't want his client signed to a LTC. How would that be Wayne's fault?
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Maybe Harang's agent doesn't want his client signed to a LTC. How would that be Wayne's fault?
    If that's the case, Krivsky should trade him now while his value is extremely high. Harang would bring back a king's ransom in prospects and cheap, ML-ready talent. The right deal could solidify the pitching staff for the next 6 years.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Short of us hearing that Harang wants $25M/Yr or wants to move to a specific team, the Reds had better sign this guy or I am going to lose quite a bit of interest in this franchise.

If they have a reasonable chance to sign this guy and then don't I am going to be very disappointed. If you won't sign Harang I have no idea who you will sign.

GL

I noticed this morning that the Phillies signed Brett Myers to a three year $25.75 Million deal. They seem close in service time (not exactly equal) and that's about what folks here have said Harang ought to sign for, maybe a slight bit more. I'm assuming Wayne is negotiating. We have to remember, even at these numbers, this is a seriously high amount of money. I think we can get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    If that's the case, Krivsky should trade him now while his value is extremely high. Harang would bring back a king's ransom in prospects and cheap, ML-ready talent. The right deal could solidify the pitching staff for the next 6 years.
    Johnny, I would hate to lose him, but agree with you if he doesn' want to sign longterm

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I noticed this morning that the Phillies signed Brett Myers to a three year $25.75 Million deal. They seem close in service time (not exactly equal) and that's about what folks here have said Harang ought to sign for, maybe a slight bit more. I'm assuming Wayne is negotiating. We have to remember, even at these numbers, this is a seriously high amount of money. I think we can get this done.
    Here is how Myers is broken down: 250k bonus; $5 in 2007, $8.5 in 08, $12 in 09

I think that deal could kill it for the Reds. Say Harang makes 6 mil this year. Then what would he have to make the next two years in a 3 year deal?

6 mil, 9.5, 14?
    6, 10, 15?

With Harang's durability and continued improvement/success, he should be getting more than Myers in his deal. We could be looking at 3 yr/ 30 mil. Which I guess isn't terrible, but it is a lot for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Here is how Myers is broken down: 250k bonus; $5 in 2007, $8.5 in 08, $12 in 09

I think that deal could kill it for the Reds. Say Harang makes 6 mil this year. Then what would he have to make the next two years in a 3 year deal?

6 mil, 9.5, 14?
    6, 10, 15?

With Harang's durability and continued improvement/success, he should be getting more than Myers in his deal. We could be looking at 3 yr/ 30 mil. Which I guess isn't terrible, but it is a lot for this team.
    I don't think those sort of numbers are deal breakers for the Reds. Many continue to suggest this team is chintzing on contracts, but I think they're looking to be judicious on deals. If the Reds can't do a deal like that (or near about), then as some have said, Bob C. needs to hang it up. I think it's doable, although we may structure it differently, particularly given the Milton and Griffey contracts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I don't think those sort of numbers are deal breakers for the Reds. Many continue to suggest this team is chintzing on contracts, but I think they're looking to be judicious on deals. If the Reds can't do a deal like that (or near about), then as some have said, Bob C. needs to hang it up. I think it's doable, although we may structure it differently, particularly given the Milton and Griffey contracts this year.
    Maybe the Jr. contract will force us into a 4 year deal with a big pay day that 4th year (Jr.'s first year off payroll I believe.)

I'd go 6M in 2007, 8.5M in 2008, 10.5 in 2009 and hold a 12M mutual option for 2010 at 12.5M.

That's 3 yr / 25M as well. If the option is picked up that's 4 yr / 37M.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Harang should get Milty's money (and maybe a little more) when Eric is off the books after this year. Give him his 6 (or whatever he asked for in arb.) this year, then around ten the next two years. Anywhere between 3/25 and 3/30 would be a steal for the Reds. He could get a lot more.
    Last edited by CaiGuy; 02-02-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Johnny, I would hate to lose him, but agree with you if he doesn' want to sign longterm
    Me, too. I think Harang is the type of pitcher you break the bank to sign. But if he doesn't want to be in Cincinnati long-term, he's incredibly valuable as a trade commodity.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Maybe the Jr. contract will force us into a 4 year deal with a big pay day that 4th year (Jr.'s first year off payroll I believe.)
    Junior only has two more years on his contract (this year and next), plus a club option in '09 ($16.5 Million), which I don't think the club will exercise ($4M buyout).

Turn Off Ads?