Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Battlefield Pictures

Battlefield Pictures

I didn't want to hijack the wonderful History Buffs thread currently ongoing that's discussing some of the world's most important battles through history so I've created a new thread and figured this would be a good place to post any pictures of battlefields that RZ'ers have visited.

I went to Gettysburg back in May, 2005, and while I was only there for a few hours (it was a stop while passing on by), a few buddies and I were able to snap a few pictures that I figured a few people may enjoy. If anybody is ever passing through on the PA Turnpike and has any interest in war history or any history, Gettysburg is a place that I'd recommend stopping at.

The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Battlefield Pictures

Awesome pictures, Cyclone. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks for posting. These are great pictures! I have been to Gettysburg a couple of times and it's well worth the visit. I would encourage everyone to make the trip. It's a great and humbling experience.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Great stuff!

I visited Gettysburg & Antietam in 1993 & loved both. I do want to go back.

I also have been to Perryville a few times as well, and visited Fort Macon in Atlantic Beach, NC.

Thanks for sharing those!

Thanks for the pictures! They're much more crisp and clear than most of mine. If I have time today, I'll scan a few.

Right now, I have one on my computer--a sunset shot of the Pennsylvania Memorial (seen in some of the photos above) I used for another purpose on another board.

Great pictures Cyclone, thanks!

Here are a few of mine. These won't be as crisp as Cyclone's (and even if they were, my scanner tints everything yellow--sorry).

First, some from Anteitam, including Burnside's Bridge and the sunken road.

And a few more from Gettysburg.

btw, the guy in the Reds' cap in the last one is my Brother-in-law, not me.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Great stuff. I love reading and watching stuff about the Civil War. I lived close to Shiloh as a kid and have been there quite a few times. Never made it to Gettysburg but hope to someday.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Great pictures, tixe! Thanks for sharing!

I'd love to get out to a bunch of these places and just walk around, taking it all in. It's hard to imagine walking around on a place that was once a massive battlefield, but that's exactly what it is.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Nice pictures - I don't know why, but the one of the sunken road gave me chills - I can't imagine how it must have been to be there during the battle.

I agree with Cyclone - just walking over some of these battlefields and thinking about what had happened there would be an awesome experience.

Turn Off Ads?