Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: do you wear french cuffs?

Re: do you wear french cuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    My tailor told me she likes Brooks Brothers the best. Let me know as I've never owned one.

I'm in a Cremieux phase right now.
    I have quite a few Brooks shirts, the traditionals are cut like tents. I have an athletic build, if I buy the correct size for my neck and shoulders the body of the shirt is gigantic and looks sloppy. The slim fit models are much better, but still are just a bit off for me. Quality is good though, and the non-iron ones do come out of the dryer looking pretty good.

For the retail price on some of the upper end shirts it's actually the same cost, or less, to have some made. I had 5 made at a tailor in downtown Cincy for around $80 each, to this day they are still my favorite shirts.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Creek et al, back me up here: I do, I admit, frequent this board for more than the baseball. Sometimes, amidst all the crazies and the beaten horses and the farting videos, it gives me faith in humanity.
    I'm drawn to this thread like Jerry Narron's relatives to made-up jobs in the Reds organization.

I assume others do this too, but I have little mental images about how people who post on RZ might look. Well not everyone, but the oldtimers, the *about 10 of you*, and active newbies.

This thread has blown a lot of those pictures out of the water.

The only thing most chicks dig more than the long ball is a man who knows how to dress.

Oh and in case you were wondering, this is what I look like.

Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    I'm drawn to this thread like Jerry Narron's relatives to made-up jobs in the Reds organization.

I assume others do this too, but I have little mental images about how people who post on RZ might look. Well not everyone, but the oldtimers, the *about 10 of you*, and active newbies.

The only thing most chicks dig more than the long ball is a man who knows how to dress.

Creek, we have to get your camera a flash.

Busting expectations and preconceptions are what Redszone was founded on, right?
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

You're pixelated?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You're pixelated?
    Yeah. It's a family DNA thing. Hides wrinkles.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Well, after reading this tread, I guess I'll take the shirt out for a test drive on Thursday. I've got a customer meeting and have to fly out to Rochester. I think I'll opt for the silk knots in order to get through security. Until the jacket comes off, you can't tell it's a french cuff. I guess I'll play it by ear if the jacket ever comes off at the meeting Wish me luck

Dom,
    Next week, let's discuss shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Dom,
    Finally something worth talking about
    Go Gators!

Depends how kinky I feel.

Aww come on you all were thinking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I have quite a few Brooks shirts, the traditionals are cut like tents. I have an athletic build, if I buy the correct size for my neck and shoulders the body of the shirt is gigantic and looks sloppy. The slim fit models are much better, but still are just a bit off for me.
    It *is* hard to find dress shirts that fit just right. Back in the '90s when I did more traveling for work, I had a very hard time finding shirts that fit up top without being too big around the waist; even the trim-fit shirts were too big for my taste. I ended up just getting my shirts tailored. Didn't cost all that much and they fit great... at least until the Over 30 With A Desk Job Syndrome kicked in. I wouldn't be surprised if a high-end store like Brooks made the shirts with the assumption they would be altered.

Nowadays, I'm afraid creek and vatican would not be impressed at all with how I dress. I've had a home office for 14 years and I own enough snappy dress clothes for a three-day business trip and that's it.
    Not all who wander are lost

Sometimes she does wear an Adam Dunn jersey to the games, at least in colder weather. I believe that photo was taken of Creek at a game last July.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I've seen creek in person. That's not creek.

creek is crazy sexy. That chick looks airbrushed.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I've seen creek in person. That's not creek.

creek is crazy sexy. That chick looks airbrushed.
    Very true.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Dom,
    Oh man- that would be great. Coach, Bruno Magli....it's going to be a real hoot.

And someone needs to bring up that shoe horns are one of the most underrated inventions ever. Saves me 30 seconds a day (which I deposit in a account that when I reach age 65 will yield me enough time to retire on).

I have quite a few Brooks shirts, the traditionals are cut like tents. I have an athletic build, if I buy the correct size for my neck and shoulders the body of the shirt is gigantic and looks sloppy. The slim fit models are much better, but still are just a bit off for me. Quality is good though, and the non-iron ones do come out of the dryer looking pretty good.
    I'll have to just buy one and see, I guess. I read an article in GQ or Details this past month talking about how a dress shirt should fit. It's tough to buy anything off the rack to fit perfectly, and it's a good idea to get even those altered, but frankly, I don't want to spend money tailoring dress shirts when I can take that money and get more ties lol....

I think my problem is that I workout. I'm about 6'2", 230 lbs- I'm a big guy.

On any of the Italian designers I have to buy at least one size bigger than usual or else I can't get my arms through the darned sleeve holes. I have two Armani suits that are an adventure getting on because I have to yank and pull and stretch them to the point that if I'm running late, they are ruled out for that day. They look great once they are on, but man, one day I'm going to rip them in two. The Italians make great suits, yes, but Europeans are built much differently than we are.

With the US designers I have to buy a big jacket and then have to get the waist trimmed down 3 or 4 inches. The atheletic fit might be the way to go but I can never find them.

Creek, we have to get your camera a flash.
    That photo is a funny thing. When I take my reading glasses off, it appears in focus.

Wowza.

I think the same holds true for women. Women in business suits can be wicked hot.

Not many dress up here in Florida, though, because it's so hot.

I wear a suit everyday because I own the business and I meet clients on a regular basis. It also keep me on my best behavior when I'm dressed up.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

I'll have to revisit this thread after I graduate and get a job. Right now my dress wardrobe consists of a standard blue suit (Jones New York), an Oscar de la Renta I got from the Mens Warehouse that I hate (I'll never shop MW again. The tailor there was awful), and a couple of blazers.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I think the same holds true for women. Women in business suits can be wicked hot.
    Ain't that the truth. Nothing is sexier, well few things at least, are sexier than a woman in a power suit.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?