Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Stray Dog Saves Woman's Life

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Stray Dog Saves Woman's Life

I love this story if it's really true, but let me know if I'm not the only one that finds one bit of the story weird.

This dog is a stray, it saved her life, it was sent to the animal shelter, and she doesn't want to adopt it because she already has 6 dogs. That just seems like an arbitrary place to stop. "Yeah, I'd take a seventh dog if I already didn't have six...."

And how do you break that news to the dog that saved your life? "Um, thanks for saving my life and all, but I already got six just like ya at home except for the fact that none of them have saved my life."

I know the dog will find a home, but geesh, I'd be rubbing that in my other dog's faces for all it was worth like Will Ferrell talked to his dog in that great fake commercial on SNL.

"Oh no, Sparky, don't trouble yourself to make room on the couch for Hero. He just saved my life today....I mean, I know you had a busy day going on the floor and digging up stuff in the yard and all..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16952774/?GT1=9033

Re: Stray Dog Saves Woman's Life

“If he ever needs anything [besides a home], I’ll be there,” she said.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

In other pet news...

Two boys are playing hockey on a frozen pond in Red Deer, Alberta, when one of the boys is suddenly attacked by a crazed Rottweiler.

Thinking quickly, the other boy takes his hockey stick, shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it, and breaks the dog's neck, saving his friend. A reporter is strolling by, sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy.

"Young Flames Fan Saves Friend From Viscious Animal" he starts writing in his book.

"But I'm not a Flames Fan" the little hero replies.

"Sorry, but as we are in Alberta, I just assumed you were" says the reporter and he starts writing again."Oilers Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack" he writes in his notebook.

"I'm not an Oilers fan either" the little boy says "Oh, I assumed that everyone in Alberta was either for the Flames or the Oilers. What team do you root for?" the reporter asks.

"I am a Maple Leafs fan" the boy replies.

The reporter starts a new page in his notebook and writes: "Little ------- from Ontario Kills Beloved Family Pet"
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2 View Post
    The reporter starts a new page in his notebook and writes: "Little ------- from Ontario Kills Beloved Family Pet"

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?