RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Queen Nancy to OSU?

http://dispatch.com/dispatch/content...8/zimpher.html

Potential OSU presidential candidate to stay put
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:15 AM
    By Kathy Lynn Gray
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Hands off, OSU!

That's the message the University of Cincinnati's Board of Trustees sent yesterday as it gave President Nancy Zimpher a new contract that will tether her to the school until 2012.

Experts had named Zimpher as a possible candidate for the Ohio State University presidency, which Karen A. Holbrook will vacate at the end of June. Zimpher is a former executive dean of OSU's College of Education.

The OSU Presidential Search Committee has not named any official candidates.

Zimpher has been at Cincinnati since 2003. Her initial contract ran until 2008, but the university's board extended it to 2009 in November after word of OSU's possible interest in her became known.

The new contract gives Zimpher these yearly benefits: a $380,164 base salary; $100,000 in deferred compensation; a 15 percent to 30 percent bonus, decided by a board committee; a house; $15,000 for a car; an entertainment budget; and health, retirement, disability, and vacation benefits.

Zimpher said yesterday she won't accept any compensation increase this year because of the uncertainty of state funding and tuition increases. Last year, her total compensation, excluding the house, was $604,825, about $140,000 a year less than in the new contract.

The contract also gives Zimpher's husband, Kenneth R. Howey, a nontenure-track faculty position.

Zimpher or the board could terminate the contract for any reason with a 180-day notice. Ohio State expects to decide on a new president this summer.

kgray@dispatch.com
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

She didn't get a no trade clause in that thing? Or a trade escalator built in? She's definitely not a Boras client.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

It just means the amount OSU will have to pay to buy-out her contract increased.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    It just means the amount OSU will have to pay to buy-out her contract increased.
    That'll make tax-payers in Ohio happy.....

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Whatever...buy it out.

I just saw on the local news (last night I think) that UC just extended her contract for another 5 years.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I just saw on the local news (last night I think) that UC just extended her contract for another 5 years.
    I feel the Bearcats pain.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Nancy Zimpher is doing a fine job. The basketball program and football program do not define the university. I would argue that both of those institutions are better off today then the day she arrived on campus.
    I don't mind the firing of Huggins. . . I just minded HOW it happened. She did it all wrong. Oh well, it's over with and I'm over with. I'm also pissed about her hypocrisy when she was at Wisconsin-Milwaukee (or was it Green Bay?) when their basketball program was in worse shape than UC regarding academics.

As far as her getting 5 more years, the UC board of trustees obviously don't know how important athletics are. I think Mike Thomas will end up doing a great job, but Nancy needs to realize the financial importance of having good athletics. Unfortunately, we'll have 5 more years of her bullcrap.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

For you UC students, I hope she leaves.

I am glad she left Ohio State, and I hope she stays away.

Turn Off Ads?