Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dreams

Re: Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Falling dreams are the worst.
    I've had those at times too.

Ok, I have this dream alot. Just had it again today..... I'm driving to work and no matter what time I leave, "surreal" stuff happens that insures that I will not get to work on time - I'm all of a sudden on an unknown road lost as can be. I stop at a restaurant to ask directions. The person behind the counter is someone I knew growing up. I get directions and find out I'm not too far from work. I go back to the parking lot and can't find my car!

The only thing missing is the white rabbit.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-08-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I used to have a recurring flying/falling dream. I'd be flying over a golf course, then I'd start this relentlessly fast descent towards the green. I'd wake up about pin high.
    I guess I was a long iron shot.
    And a pretty darned good one.

I had other flying/falling dreams, too. Usually over a cliff, kind of like hang gliding off the west coast and suddenly coming loose from the glider.
    Eeeooow, it gives me shivers just thinking about it. I'll never go to sleep tonight.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I used to dream of going to college when I fell asleep in high school.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I used to dream of going to college when I fell asleep in high school.
    I bet you had to walk 15 miles through the sun to get there too... and you liked it that way.

School's out. What did you expect?

I use to be a sleepwalker. I don't do that anymore, but I will wake up and find that I have already or am currently in the act of acting out what I am dreaming. The latest was I was dreaming I was throwing a baseball and I woke up and had tossed my pillow across the room. (Guess that makes me a soft tosser.)

I talk too. Not all of the dialog in my dream, but some of it.

If I have a really, really vivid dream, I'll wake up and be confused about where I am (since the last thing I remember is being where I was in my dream.) This is also a problem with mr creek - I'll wake up and wonder who in the heck I am sleeping with... Both of these happen at least 4 or 5 times a week.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    If I have a really, really vivid dream, I'll wake up and be confused about where I am (since the last thing I remember is being where I was in my dream.)
    that happens to me a lot.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I had the funniest/weirdest dream last night. A presidential candidate gave a speach on national TV and I don't know what it was but something he said was completely wrong, but no one else knew it but me and some how I was able to prove it (I have no idea how or what it was). So I wrote a letter to some newspapers with my evidence that he was wrong (or he was lying, I can't remember which) and it was printed in newspapers all over the country and it started a huge controversy.

Well I was extremely embarrassed, and all these talk/news shows wanted me to come on and I kept saying no. By some means I was forced to go on a show with the candidate and suddenly I was back stage in the "green room" (which was a bare room with a cement floor and no where to sit). And I was saying things to him like "I'm sorry about all this, I really don't want to be here" and he was saying "Oh, it's all right, you did the right thing, we'll do this and it will be fun."

And then we were called to go out on stage and I realized that I was wearing my old grey Colts sweatshirt, dirty jeans and my old tennis shoes that I cut grass in. And I was like "Why the hell am I wearing this?" And then I woke up and started laughing.

I have no idea why I had that dream. I think it proves that not all dreams mean something.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

La Dolce Vita

It appears erotic dreams aren't allowed here. I'm happy to still be having them.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?