Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dreams

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dreams

How did that one Mammas and Pappas song go?.... "dream a little dream of me."

Now the wiki definition of dream is....

Dreaming is the subjective experience of imaginary images, sounds/voices, words, thoughts or sensations during sleep, usually involuntarily. The scientific discipline of dream research is oneirology. Dreaming is associated with rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, a lighter form of sleep that occurs during the later portion of the sleep cycle, characterized by rapid horizontal eye movements, stimulation of the pons, increased respiratory and heart rate, and temporary paralysis of the body.

Yeah, whatever.

All I know is, and most everyone can agree, is that we all experience some really weird dreams. Some are enjoyable, some cause you to wake up in a sweat, and some make a Monty Python skit look downright tame.

Have you ever had a dream, woke up, maybe got up and got a drink of water, whatever, and then when you went back to sleep you went back into the same dream? It's like a sequel!

I still, at times, have dreams (even nightmares) that I had as a child.

Have you ever been in a dream, and while you're in it you realize it? So anything you do, or anything that happens to you, you realize it's just a dream and doesn't matter, so you then do some simply surreal stuff.

Do dreams really mean anything? I personally doubt it.

Ever had dreams of falling? How about with snakes in them? I've been told those are suppose to mean something. I've had those types for years because they are two "fears" of mine.

Of course I'm use to falling in real life.

I've been working alot of O.T. a Honda since the beginning of the new year. I've had 3 days off in the last month. Last night I had a dream that I went to church and everyone was wearing the Honda white uniforms. I think it's time to cut back on the O.T.

Last edited by GAC; 02-04-2007 at 06:34 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?